Food??

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Darkangel92
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Country:
Location: Florida

Food??

Postby Darkangel92 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:04 am

I read the link on food and all that but was wondering what everyones BTS's like best? Mine doesnt seem to like anything unless its mixed with meat...is that normal?
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Food??

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:06 am

Skinks are like kids, they don't like veggies and greens. A skink likes meat, fruit, bugs and treats. So mix the healthy stuff with the yummy stuff and the skink has to eat it :)

My skinks love anything but greens. That's the only thing they won't willingly eat on it's own. Other than that they tend to not be picky since they know it's another week until they'll be offered something else.
User avatar
Emz3
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Colorado, US

Re: Food??

Postby Emz3 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Maybe my two blueys are weird then! They are garbage disposals and will eat just about anything I put in front of them! I'm a new BTS owner but have been feeding them a mix of spring mix, mustard greens, collard greens, acorn squash and cat food. I will blend it all together in a food processor (smells disgusting!) or if I get lazy I just cut everything finely and mash it all together with the cat food as a binder. I also mix in banana from time to time! They seem to love it!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 186 guests