Page 1 of 1

Merrick food

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:14 pm
by skeetersmom
I finally found a store that sells the Merrick dog food - highly praised on this forum; but quick question.

All the kinds at this store has potatoes (either red or regular, not sweet) as an ingredient. Again, proctive mom wants to make sure it is alright. He would get a couple of teaspoons a week with his veggie cubes.

Just wondering which variety of the Merrick others here are using.

Re: Merrick food

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:35 am
by LarissaLurid
There are different products Merrick has, like grain free which I've never seen with potatoes (which is also good being grain free). I'd look at different things they offer, but I don't think that a little potato will hurt. I'm also getting my hatchling Extreme Tegu next week and will be bringing some meats into the house (since I'm a vegetarian so there aren't any already) and will be giving some of that to my Skink as well. I also have used Wellness brand pet food.

Here is the Merrick website though to look at their other products, hope that helps a little as well.
http://www.merrickpetcare.com/merrick-products-dog.php

Re: Merrick food

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:29 am
by skeetersmom
Thanks! I looked at every single variety they had - all had potatoes in it. But I figured if Skeeter couldn't eat it, the dogs would gobble it down :)

Perhaps I need to check a different pet store - and let my fingers do the walking

Re: Merrick food

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:32 pm
by AnnaMonroe
Thank you for making this thread!!!
I was actually at the petstore today, and they were selling both Wellness and Merrick canned dog food..
I stood there for 10 minutes staring at both, wondering which one would be better!!!
Then i looked around and saw a poster advertising the 'awesomeness' of Merrick.
But i didn't purchase anything because I want the BEST! dog food that I can provide.
I just simply want some opinions from bluey owners who feed dog food ,to help direct me to which brand is the most super-duper :thumbs: rotfl.
Help? :doh:

Re: Merrick food

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:21 pm
by Bird_Brain
Either food would work fine. Both are great, reputable companies producing quality pet foods.

Re: Merrick food

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:33 am
by AnnaMonroe
Thank you ReptileKing! I guess using both would be a good idea, especially for variety :ohyes:

Re: Merrick food

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:47 am
by Karen
I generally like to mix it up. They seem to like variety and like Brad said, both are high quality foods. I'd fed both Merrick's and Wellness and both are heartily received.

Re: Merrick food

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:04 am
by AnnaMonroe
No doubt, that's what I like to hear!! ...er, read lol.
I get a paid internship at a doggy day care so maybe they'll give me an employee discount and I'll just buy like 92729173927 cans of Merrick and Wellness lmao. I'll never run out! xD

Re: Merrick food

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:07 am
by Susann
AnnaMonroe wrote:I'll just buy like 92729173927 cans of Merrick and Wellness. I'll never run out! xD

Might go bad on you though before one little skink can eat them all up :wink:
Although, the solution to that would be: MORE skinks!

Re: Merrick food

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:43 pm
by AnnaMonroe
LMAO!!!!! haha that's funny xD Totally agree, though!

Re: Merrick food

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:21 pm
by LarissaLurid
skeetersmom wrote:Thanks! I looked at every single variety they had - all had potatoes in it. But I figured if Skeeter couldn't eat it, the dogs would gobble it down :)

Perhaps I need to check a different pet store - and let my fingers do the walking



These ones don't have potato AND are grain free:

http://www.merrickpetcare.com/merrick-g ... e-cans.php


Either way, any Merrick ones are fine, it's ok if there's a tiny bit of potato. lol He can eat it.