I finally found a store that sells the Merrick dog food - highly praised on this forum; but quick question.
All the kinds at this store has potatoes (either red or regular, not sweet) as an ingredient. Again, proctive mom wants to make sure it is alright. He would get a couple of teaspoons a week with his veggie cubes.
Just wondering which variety of the Merrick others here are using.
Merrick food
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Merrick food
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Re: Merrick food
There are different products Merrick has, like grain free which I've never seen with potatoes (which is also good being grain free). I'd look at different things they offer, but I don't think that a little potato will hurt. I'm also getting my hatchling Extreme Tegu next week and will be bringing some meats into the house (since I'm a vegetarian so there aren't any already) and will be giving some of that to my Skink as well. I also have used Wellness brand pet food.
Here is the Merrick website though to look at their other products, hope that helps a little as well.
http://www.merrickpetcare.com/merrick-products-dog.php
Here is the Merrick website though to look at their other products, hope that helps a little as well.
http://www.merrickpetcare.com/merrick-products-dog.php
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Re: Merrick food
Thanks! I looked at every single variety they had - all had potatoes in it. But I figured if Skeeter couldn't eat it, the dogs would gobble it down 
Perhaps I need to check a different pet store - and let my fingers do the walking
Perhaps I need to check a different pet store - and let my fingers do the walking
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Merrick food
Thank you for making this thread!!!
I was actually at the petstore today, and they were selling both Wellness and Merrick canned dog food..
I stood there for 10 minutes staring at both, wondering which one would be better!!!
Then i looked around and saw a poster advertising the 'awesomeness' of Merrick.
But i didn't purchase anything because I want the BEST! dog food that I can provide.
I just simply want some opinions from bluey owners who feed dog food ,to help direct me to which brand is the most super-duper
rotfl.
Help?
I was actually at the petstore today, and they were selling both Wellness and Merrick canned dog food..
I stood there for 10 minutes staring at both, wondering which one would be better!!!
Then i looked around and saw a poster advertising the 'awesomeness' of Merrick.
But i didn't purchase anything because I want the BEST! dog food that I can provide.
I just simply want some opinions from bluey owners who feed dog food ,to help direct me to which brand is the most super-duper
Help?

- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Re: Merrick food
Either food would work fine. Both are great, reputable companies producing quality pet foods.
Brad
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Merrick food
Thank you ReptileKing! I guess using both would be a good idea, especially for variety 

- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: Merrick food
I generally like to mix it up. They seem to like variety and like Brad said, both are high quality foods. I'd fed both Merrick's and Wellness and both are heartily received.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Merrick food
No doubt, that's what I like to hear!! ...er, read lol.
I get a paid internship at a doggy day care so maybe they'll give me an employee discount and I'll just buy like 92729173927 cans of Merrick and Wellness lmao. I'll never run out! xD
I get a paid internship at a doggy day care so maybe they'll give me an employee discount and I'll just buy like 92729173927 cans of Merrick and Wellness lmao. I'll never run out! xD
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: Merrick food
AnnaMonroe wrote:I'll just buy like 92729173927 cans of Merrick and Wellness. I'll never run out! xD
Might go bad on you though before one little skink can eat them all up
Although, the solution to that would be: MORE skinks!
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Merrick food
LMAO!!!!! haha that's funny xD Totally agree, though!
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Re: Merrick food
skeetersmom wrote:Thanks! I looked at every single variety they had - all had potatoes in it. But I figured if Skeeter couldn't eat it, the dogs would gobble it down
Perhaps I need to check a different pet store - and let my fingers do the walking
These ones don't have potato AND are grain free:
http://www.merrickpetcare.com/merrick-g ... e-cans.php
Either way, any Merrick ones are fine, it's ok if there's a tiny bit of potato. lol He can eat it.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 402 guests
