I am thinking no, since they have such a high juice content they would get freezer burn. I was going to replace the snails with just roaches (which are readily available around here) but I do like offering Skeeter a variety.
Can snails be frozen?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Can snails be frozen?
Since I only have one of these beauties (BTS), usually after a couple of weeks a can-o-worms start going bad
Can they be frozen?
I am thinking no, since they have such a high juice content they would get freezer burn. I was going to replace the snails with just roaches (which are readily available around here) but I do like offering Skeeter a variety.
I am thinking no, since they have such a high juice content they would get freezer burn. I was going to replace the snails with just roaches (which are readily available around here) but I do like offering Skeeter a variety.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- tylociraptor
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 299
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:36 pm
- Country:
- Location: NB, Canada
Re: Can snails be frozen?
I don't know about frozen, but they can be cared for easily. Depending on the size a 5 or 10 gallon aquarium can be adequate to hold them, and potentially breed.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Can snails be frozen?
You can definitely freeze them. Will they be palatable when thawed? Who knows. Try it and see what the critic thinks.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 377 guests
