Page 1 of 1

Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 am
by iLoveMyLizard
Ok, so Imany of you know about Sid and his problems, but heres a few shots, new and old for comparison, on how hes doing :)

I need a better view

Image

I wanna come out and play

Image

Tongue Shot - kind of.

Image

Poorly Eye

Image

All better!

Image

When he was a bit younger, standing quite proud (or so I like to think so)

Image

He darted in here after never using it before, after he got spooked by being in his box too long while I cleaned his viv (nobody to supervise him, im not that cruel lol)

Image

He loves hiding in pillow cases and such

Image

Body shot

Image

From above

Image

Munching a fuzzy (treat)

Image

Basking under his ceramic, going to get a T5 and MVB and use the ceramic on a night.

Image

Burrowed with his head out, semi tongue shot

Image

Poorly scabby lip

Image

Hi der! (lips better - treating with concentrated manuka honey)

Image

And another lip shot

Image

And finally....

WHERES THE BLOODY SUN??

Image

Just a few weeks ago I remember i was...

Image

Thanks for looking :D :thumbs:

Re: Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:09 am
by Hanzo
hello , is it IJ or eastern ?

Re: Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:37 am
by iLoveMyLizard
Hanzo wrote:hello , is it IJ or eastern ?


Hes an IJ :mrgreen:

Re: Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:27 pm
by Snickers :)
He's gorgeous! I also like the captions on the photos! =P

Re: Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:25 pm
by AnnaMonroe
Aww! Glad he's all better, and he's looking quite handsome ;D
Congrats, he looks wonderful!

Re: Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:32 pm
by Kbell31
Can you explain your honey treatment? It sounds interesting...Sid looks great by the way :D

Re: Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 pm
by iLoveMyLizard
Kbell31 wrote:Can you explain your honey treatment? It sounds interesting...Sid looks great by the way :D


Thanks!

Manuka honey can be used as a remedy for a lot of things, from wounds to appetite stimulant. People in NZ have been using it for a long time because of its natural anti bacterial like properties and it provides a kind of sealant to avoid reinfection. They also mix it with sphagnum moss to create a wound dressing.

It comes in all grades, 5-10 UMF, used more for stimulating appetite and energy boosts etc, 15-25 for wound dressings and such. I'm using a product called activon tube at the moment, which is just concentrated Manuka I got from my vets for the sore and scabbing of his lip, although his lip was a lot better before I started using it, it seems to be having an effect. Many people swear by it.

Re: Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:35 pm
by Richard.C
nice looking specimen,even with eye prob and lip pics he looks bright eyed and alert,honey is amazing like that,when mowing lawns for a while,an old lady customer used it on leg sores for that very reason,bosses dog used to love it

Re: Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:46 pm
by Lea
Manuka honey! I'm so glad it worked for you! I have used it several times for various problems with rescued skinks, notably a nasty dog bite that was badly infected. The skink was too sick to risk using antibiotics- listless, not eating or drinking and dehydrated. I tried the Manuka honey on the festering wound and it healed up completely! The wound was almost to the bone! I have used it on people, too, in my work, with cavity wounds that fail to respond to antibiotics etc. I love it! I would encourage its use, particularly if the use of conventional medicine is difficult or not possible. It also helps to control fungal growth during antibiotic use, which can be a nasty side effect.

I'm glad Sid is doing so well! I love the wooden house you have for him with the two "doorways". He looks very happy with it.

Re: Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:53 pm
by iLoveMyLizard
Thanks guys, he's doing great at the minute.

I really like the Manuka honey. I came across it after talking to a well respected iggy keeper and he recommended I take a look at it. He and his family rescued them throughout his childhood and is something he continues to do, many on the verge of death. I was quite interested to read up on it though because I love natural products that work, and really stay as far as I can generally from big pharma. Another keeper had a ball python which had a really nasty wound on its head, really open, but with around a month and a half with honey treatment and it was practically unnoticeable.

Anyway, its something I will now always have handy after seeing the results.

As for his hut, hes a nuisance with it! It's not so bad when his poking his head out of the window or climbing on top, but when he knocks it over, squeezes behing it, digs under etc, grrr.
I genuinely think I also have the world's #1 climbing skink, he climbs from his tree, to his half log, back over to the tree, powwerdives off it and then does it again. Weird.

Anyone like to hazard a guess at gender? I thought female initially, but I'm useless at guessing. Either way, he will still be called he lol

Re: Sid Pictures/update

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:28 pm
by Kbell31
Female? I am a big fan of honey, I agree it is an amazing natural remedy for all sorts of things. And I love to eat it! I assume Manuka is a plant? Like how in the U.S we have common clover honey? Or am I off completely?