Page 1 of 1

2012 Fluke Babies Go Outside

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 pm
by Fatal_S
I took the 11 Fluke babies outside for the first time yesterday. Of course I grabbed some photos to share!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The dots are child-safe acrylic paint, to make sure I put the right baby back into the right bin. This method worked alright, but you can see some smudged each other, and the paint started flaking off as soon as it dried. Worked enough to be useful though.

Many babies are just starting to shed. As they finish I'll take some proper outdoor ID photos to show off their pretty colours.

Re: 2012 Fluke Babies Go Outside

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm
by Lea
Very contented looking skinks! It's just adorable when they snuffle into the grass and get comfy, I'm surprised you could keep track of them all! Another fantastic bunch of babies!

Re: 2012 Fluke Babies Go Outside

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:08 pm
by tylociraptor
Ahhh! I'm so excited to see more photos of them! They are all so precious! Look at those little heads poking out of the grass!

Re: 2012 Fluke Babies Go Outside

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:54 am
by Linnea
they are so cute :D

but how in the world did you manage to find all eleven babies in grass like that, or even manage them not escaping? o__o

Re: 2012 Fluke Babies Go Outside

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:33 am
by AnnaMonroe
Linnea wrote:they are so cute :D

but how in the world did you manage to find all eleven babies in grass like that, or even manage them not escaping? o__o



^^ Agreed!! How!!? Lol
Oh, and: :ryo:

Re: 2012 Fluke Babies Go Outside

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:36 am
by Sarikazam
Awwww, what a bunch of cuties!! I also have to ask, how the heck did you not lose any!?!

Re: 2012 Fluke Babies Go Outside

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:07 pm
by Fatal_S
It was pretty close actually. There was only one point where all 11 were in the grass together, and they split pretty quickly. So we decided to split them into two groups - half in the box, half on the grass. Even with the bright dots and knowing where the babies were they still managed to disappear very easily. Some of the pictures I took were to show how well they blend in. For example, there are 4 babies in those last 2 photos. For the longest time my sister and I only saw 2 or 3 there.