Page 1 of 1

BTS Info and Breeders

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:46 pm
by Primetime
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum and after reading between a bearded dragon and blue tongue skink. I leading toward the BTS. I'd like to know what species of BTS is easy to tame. Do they drink water outa of a dish or do they have to be mist. Where can I get a healthy BTS. That's it for now. Im getting sleepy. I'll read more this weekend.

Thanks for reading and answering

P.S Great Forum

Re: BTS Info and Breeders

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:02 pm
by Bird_Brain
Welcome. Please feel free to have a look at the VERY detailed caresheet (or should I say book?). http://bluetongueskinks.net/care.htm

Typically as long as you purchase a CBB (captive bred and born) baby from a reputable breeder, most will tame down nicely. I have CBB Tannies that are more docile than CBB Northerns. They all have a personality and when buying from a breeder, they should be able to tell you about their personality.

They dont have to be misted, however, I have witnessed my skinks drinking both ways. But providing just a bowl is fine.

As for locating a breeder, i would start here. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19635

Re: BTS Info and Breeders

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:42 am
by Primetime
Thanks for the info and responding ReptileKing

Re: BTS Info and Breeders

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:19 am
by Edward
:btsnet: