Lighting Fixtures
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:27 am
Hi all!
So, as you might know, I have a very nice custom built terrarium for my skink. It is of solid oak construction, and opens in the front. His 'roof' is the floor of my boa constrictor's portion, so unfortunately, I can't easily set a light right on top of it as many of the typical enclosures allow.
I am wondering if any of you have done something similar and have suggestions allowing for the lighting.
My initial idea was to use a normal light bulb socket but my concerns with that are making sure I can control it. Would I be able to attach a 'timer' style thermostat to that? Can I get one with a simple plug instead of wiring a bunch of electronics? The variables are just too many, so... I have decided to go with the typical fixtures that come with many bulbs, seen here. But the issue is how to fix it to the terrarium. I saw a very nice way of doing it pictured here: http://www.reptileuvinfo.com/image.php? ... _width=972 but I am not sure what was used.
Does anyone have some advice or even plans on how to do this? I'd appreciate it!!
So, as you might know, I have a very nice custom built terrarium for my skink. It is of solid oak construction, and opens in the front. His 'roof' is the floor of my boa constrictor's portion, so unfortunately, I can't easily set a light right on top of it as many of the typical enclosures allow.
I am wondering if any of you have done something similar and have suggestions allowing for the lighting.
My initial idea was to use a normal light bulb socket but my concerns with that are making sure I can control it. Would I be able to attach a 'timer' style thermostat to that? Can I get one with a simple plug instead of wiring a bunch of electronics? The variables are just too many, so... I have decided to go with the typical fixtures that come with many bulbs, seen here. But the issue is how to fix it to the terrarium. I saw a very nice way of doing it pictured here: http://www.reptileuvinfo.com/image.php? ... _width=972 but I am not sure what was used.
Does anyone have some advice or even plans on how to do this? I'd appreciate it!!