New pictures of Calypso

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

New pictures of Calypso

Postby StaceyLeigh » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:48 pm

We had Calypso outside on the 4th, she was exploring the patio and yard, and eating every snail she could find, lol. Calypso is about 3 and she came to live with us in April. Hoping to breed her this next season. She is so sweet, and a very big girl- 23" and about 1100g :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Rush
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 3:24 pm
Country:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby Rush » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:01 pm

What a gorgeous girl. :) I love her skink smile
1.0.0 Merauke BTS, Rush-2009

-Brett-
User avatar
Lunaire
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am
Country:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby Lunaire » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Pretty name and pretty skink :)
Image
Kupo ~ Northern Blue Tongue Skink
<name pending> ~ Piebald Ball Python
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby Katrina » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 pm

She looks great!
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby AnnaMonroe » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Aw, she must have been so happy! Lookin' goooood in the neighborhoooodddd lmao;
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby Coomassie » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:18 am

I will preface this by saying I have no interest in breeding BTS but I think Calypso and my Coomassie (who is male) would make beautiful babies! She is a looker!
Cay T.
User avatar
KellyandLindsey
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm
Country:
Location: Denver Colorado

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby KellyandLindsey » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:28 pm

wow that is a beautiful skink :D
TimeoutGizmo
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:41 pm
Country:
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby TimeoutGizmo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:52 pm

I am so glad to see her doing so well! I've been missing her lately but I know she is doing fantastically with you guys. :) moving into a house in the spring and going to be able to have a reptile again, but cant quite bring myself to get another BTS because I'd be so disappointed when it didn't live up to how awesome she was for me! Thank you for giving her the superb home I couldn't have over the past year. I cant wait to see what gorgeous babies she'll make for you!
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby Kurt » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Great looking skink!
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
User avatar
crm2000
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 pm
Country:
Location: North America

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby crm2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:55 am

Oh my gosh she is ADORABLE and the name is amazing did you name her after the Calypso in greek myths or just liked the name?:)
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby StaceyLeigh » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes she is named for the Greek nymph Calypso.
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby StaceyLeigh » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:14 pm

TimeoutGizmo wrote:I am so glad to see her doing so well! I've been missing her lately but I know she is doing fantastically with you guys. :) moving into a house in the spring and going to be able to have a reptile again, but cant quite bring myself to get another BTS because I'd be so disappointed when it didn't live up to how awesome she was for me! Thank you for giving her the superb home I couldn't have over the past year. I cant wait to see what gorgeous babies she'll make for you!



She is doing awesome! Very friendly and is loving her new home. I feel bad you are missing her, but maybe if I can successfully breed her, you could get one of her babies? We will see what happens this next winter/spring, hopefully our male Thor will be able to get the job done!
User avatar
crm2000
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 pm
Country:
Location: North America

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby crm2000 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:26 pm

StaceyLeigh wrote:Yes she is named for the Greek nymph Calypso.

That is amazing :lol:
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:41 pm

StaceyLeigh wrote:hopefully our male Thor will be able to get the job done!


Lol! GO THOR!!!
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
User avatar
Bluecharlotte
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:20 pm
Country:

Re: New pictures of Calypso

Postby Bluecharlotte » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 pm

i especialy like the first picture :D so cute!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 283 guests