Page 1 of 1

Major overhaul!

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:16 pm
by Susann
Nothing like 6 surprise skinks to get your behind in gear and get your skink-tanks moved and set up the way it has been planned since the beginning of times...

Don't have a good--nor recent--picture that shows the tanks in the room, but the two big Showcase tanks where in the library:
IMG_2807 - Copy.JPG


5 feet of empty wall space now!
IMG_3659 - Copy.JPG


The 3 smaller Showcase tanks used to be in the great room.
See the couch up there in the loft? That's where all 5 tanks are going.
Hawaii-Summer 2012 001 - Copy.JPG


It's a mess right now! 3 of the tanks are up there,
IMG_3658 - Copy.JPG

while hubby is crawling around, under, and behind them trying to set up the new automatic misting system...
IMG_3660 - Copy.JPG


I'll post pictures IF we ever get it all done ...which at this stage seems a long ways off!

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:57 pm
by Sarikazam
Wow, what a great setup! Those terrariums look great. :)
Just curious, how big are they?

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:48 pm
by Karen
Good luck Susann! I hope that misting system helps things out. Eagerly awaiting final setup pics! :thumbs:

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:49 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Baby pics?

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm
by kl
I'm impressed by your house. It looks beautiful.

KL

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:36 pm
by Susann
Sarikazam, the big ones are 60"L X 24"W X 24"H, the smaller ones are 48"L X 24"W X 18"H.
We have to order more nozles for the misting system, but 3 of the 5 tanks are initially up and running, and so far seems to work great. ...'course it's only been a couple of hours, but still.
ML, I can't post baby-pics EVERY day, but I CAN tell you that #s 5 and 6 are eating like pigs! ...#s 1 and 4 not so much... little worried about #1... so skinny.

Lights are out for today, and I'm BEAT, so I'll try to take some pics of the set-up tomorrow. Jazz just shed too and looks SOOO good!

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:46 pm
by Katrina
Looks great, can't wait to see the finished room! I am working on something like that as well, if I ever finish I'll post pics too. :roll: At least you have motivation to get it in in the cutest form possible! :D

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:07 pm
by Bird_Brain
I am so envious!

Re: Major overhaul! Update

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:37 pm
by Susann
Here we are:
IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3689.JPG

I hate the blue light of the UVB bulbs. As you can tell, the fluorescents in the top big tank are just regular "bulbs"; looks so much better!

...and Xyla just happened to be a cutie-pie, so I had to snap a pic of her!
IMG_3690.JPG

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 pm
by KellyandLindsey
looks great!!!!! i love the little sweetie in the last pic sooo adorable :love: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:23 am
by Richard.C
kl wrote:I'm impressed by your house. It looks beautiful.

KL

totally agree with kim,looks impressive ,display houselike,lol, ennclosures look great to fit in well

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 am
by skeetersmom
LOL...I would have a zoo if I had that much room! Probably a good thing I don't. I say ditto to all above posts - great cages and house

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:30 am
by Karen
Looks great Susann! How is the misting system working so far?

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:21 pm
by Bird_Brain
Karen wrote:Looks great Susann! How is the misting system working so far?

Took the words right out of my mouth! Im various curious about the misting system as well.

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:45 am
by Zach
Those look awesome! Love the high ceilings -- I'm jealous.

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:22 pm
by Susann
Done a bit of traveling lately, sorry I've been slow to answer.

Thank you for all the kind comments everyone! I do love my high ceilings, and I love having all the (grown) skinks in one place.

The misting system is working great! Still working out spray-times, but it's awesome! I'm loving it even though the Zip Drip valve was broken; it still sprays with an ultra-fine mist with only a couple of drops at most after end of spraying. The guy was super great about replacing the valve for free and is even throwing in free shipping on some other supplies we needed to order anyway.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! We've only had it up and running for a week, and already I would never want to live without it!
So far we only have it in 3 of the tanks (the kit came with 3 spray-nozzles) and I can't wait to have it in the other 2 as well ...wish I could mount up nozzles for the babies too!

Re: Major overhaul!

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:04 pm
by StaceyLeigh
Awesome tanks, love how they look, very contemporary!