Major overhaul!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Major overhaul!
Nothing like 6 surprise skinks to get your behind in gear and get your skink-tanks moved and set up the way it has been planned since the beginning of times...
Don't have a good--nor recent--picture that shows the tanks in the room, but the two big Showcase tanks where in the library:
5 feet of empty wall space now!
The 3 smaller Showcase tanks used to be in the great room.
See the couch up there in the loft? That's where all 5 tanks are going.
It's a mess right now! 3 of the tanks are up there,
while hubby is crawling around, under, and behind them trying to set up the new automatic misting system...
I'll post pictures IF we ever get it all done ...which at this stage seems a long ways off!
Don't have a good--nor recent--picture that shows the tanks in the room, but the two big Showcase tanks where in the library:
5 feet of empty wall space now!
The 3 smaller Showcase tanks used to be in the great room.
See the couch up there in the loft? That's where all 5 tanks are going.
It's a mess right now! 3 of the tanks are up there,
while hubby is crawling around, under, and behind them trying to set up the new automatic misting system...
I'll post pictures IF we ever get it all done ...which at this stage seems a long ways off!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- Sarikazam
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 408
- Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
- Country:
- Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Re: Major overhaul!
Wow, what a great setup! Those terrariums look great. 
Just curious, how big are they?
Just curious, how big are they?
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: Major overhaul!
Good luck Susann! I hope that misting system helps things out. Eagerly awaiting final setup pics! 
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Major overhaul!
Baby pics?
-
kl
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Massachusetts
Re: Major overhaul!
I'm impressed by your house. It looks beautiful.
KL
KL
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: Major overhaul!
Sarikazam, the big ones are 60"L X 24"W X 24"H, the smaller ones are 48"L X 24"W X 18"H.
We have to order more nozles for the misting system, but 3 of the 5 tanks are initially up and running, and so far seems to work great. ...'course it's only been a couple of hours, but still.
ML, I can't post baby-pics EVERY day, but I CAN tell you that #s 5 and 6 are eating like pigs! ...#s 1 and 4 not so much... little worried about #1... so skinny.
Lights are out for today, and I'm BEAT, so I'll try to take some pics of the set-up tomorrow. Jazz just shed too and looks SOOO good!
We have to order more nozles for the misting system, but 3 of the 5 tanks are initially up and running, and so far seems to work great. ...'course it's only been a couple of hours, but still.
ML, I can't post baby-pics EVERY day, but I CAN tell you that #s 5 and 6 are eating like pigs! ...#s 1 and 4 not so much... little worried about #1... so skinny.
Lights are out for today, and I'm BEAT, so I'll try to take some pics of the set-up tomorrow. Jazz just shed too and looks SOOO good!
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Major overhaul!
Looks great, can't wait to see the finished room! I am working on something like that as well, if I ever finish I'll post pics too.
At least you have motivation to get it in in the cutest form possible! 
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: Major overhaul! Update
Here we are:
I hate the blue light of the UVB bulbs. As you can tell, the fluorescents in the top big tank are just regular "bulbs"; looks so much better!
...and Xyla just happened to be a cutie-pie, so I had to snap a pic of her!
I hate the blue light of the UVB bulbs. As you can tell, the fluorescents in the top big tank are just regular "bulbs"; looks so much better!
...and Xyla just happened to be a cutie-pie, so I had to snap a pic of her!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- KellyandLindsey
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: Denver Colorado
Re: Major overhaul!
looks great!!!!! i love the little sweetie in the last pic sooo adorable


- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Major overhaul!
kl wrote:I'm impressed by your house. It looks beautiful.
KL
totally agree with kim,looks impressive ,display houselike,lol, ennclosures look great to fit in well
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Re: Major overhaul!
LOL...I would have a zoo if I had that much room! Probably a good thing I don't. I say ditto to all above posts - great cages and house
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: Major overhaul!
Looks great Susann! How is the misting system working so far?
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Re: Major overhaul!
Karen wrote:Looks great Susann! How is the misting system working so far?
Took the words right out of my mouth! Im various curious about the misting system as well.
Brad
- Zach
- Grand Cicada

- Posts: 7550
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
- Country:
- Location: Orygun
- Contact:
Re: Major overhaul!
Those look awesome! Love the high ceilings -- I'm jealous.
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: Major overhaul!
Done a bit of traveling lately, sorry I've been slow to answer.
Thank you for all the kind comments everyone! I do love my high ceilings, and I love having all the (grown) skinks in one place.
The misting system is working great! Still working out spray-times, but it's awesome! I'm loving it even though the Zip Drip valve was broken; it still sprays with an ultra-fine mist with only a couple of drops at most after end of spraying. The guy was super great about replacing the valve for free and is even throwing in free shipping on some other supplies we needed to order anyway.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! We've only had it up and running for a week, and already I would never want to live without it!
So far we only have it in 3 of the tanks (the kit came with 3 spray-nozzles) and I can't wait to have it in the other 2 as well ...wish I could mount up nozzles for the babies too!
Thank you for all the kind comments everyone! I do love my high ceilings, and I love having all the (grown) skinks in one place.
The misting system is working great! Still working out spray-times, but it's awesome! I'm loving it even though the Zip Drip valve was broken; it still sprays with an ultra-fine mist with only a couple of drops at most after end of spraying. The guy was super great about replacing the valve for free and is even throwing in free shipping on some other supplies we needed to order anyway.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! We've only had it up and running for a week, and already I would never want to live without it!
So far we only have it in 3 of the tanks (the kit came with 3 spray-nozzles) and I can't wait to have it in the other 2 as well ...wish I could mount up nozzles for the babies too!
Last edited by Susann on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- StaceyLeigh
- Northern Love

- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: CNY
- Contact:
Re: Major overhaul!
Awesome tanks, love how they look, very contemporary!
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 162 guests
