Page 1 of 1

Caipora vs. Raw Egg

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 pm
by LarissaLurid
I thought this video of my Merauke was pretty cute. He tries to break open the yolk and has trouble at first, then goes later and hides under a blanket. lol I hope you guys find it amusing as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75nzM0lyNlI&feature=plcp

Re: Caipora vs. Raw Egg

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:30 pm
by StaceyLeigh
Very cute, he sure is enjoying that egg!

Re: Caipora vs. Raw Egg

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:06 pm
by KellyandLindsey
aw so cute I do the same with my skinks
and they LOVE it! I like to do this cause it feels like they are eating food from the wild. :edward:

Re: Caipora vs. Raw Egg

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:17 pm
by LarissaLurid
KellyandLindsey wrote:aw so cute I do the same with my skinks
and they LOVE it! I like to do this cause it feels like they are eating food from the wild. :edward:



lol yea it'll be better when he's big enough to crack open an egg to get into it. That'll be great for him. My parrotlet is going to be laying an infertile egg that I'll probably feed to him though so it doesn't go to waste. That will be definitely small enough for him to crack open. lol. Should be interesting.

Re: Caipora vs. Raw Egg

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:55 pm
by KellyandLindsey
LarissaLurid wrote:

lol yea it'll be better when he's big enough to crack open an egg to get into it. That'll be great for him. My parrotlet is going to be laying an infertile egg that I'll probably feed to him though so it doesn't go to waste. That will be definitely small enough for him to crack open. lol. Should be interesting.

ya that sounds like a great idea! :D

Re: Caipora vs. Raw Egg

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:20 am
by skeetersmom
I get quail eggs from a local farmer - Skeeter gets one once a month. It is interesting watching him eat these :)

Re: Caipora vs. Raw Egg

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:39 am
by LarissaLurid
I've never seen quails around where I live for some reason! :[ I can imagine though lol

Re: Caipora vs. Raw Egg

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 pm
by skeetersmom
I never see quails in the wild - but on a whim I googled "quail eggs - milwaukee wi" and found this guy. He raises quail. I even tried a couple - they are very tasty

Re: Caipora vs. Raw Egg

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:34 pm
by LarissaLurid
skeetersmom wrote:I never see quails in the wild - but on a whim I googled "quail eggs - milwaukee wi" and found this guy. He raises quail. I even tried a couple - they are very tasty


Interesting. Maybe I'll see if anyone around here does sometime. :]