Page 1 of 2

Hey guys new here

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:51 pm
by Smurfy
This is my about 18 month old BTS I picked up last week, Love the little guy. I have been a breeder of bearded dragons but those are money makers I wanted something that is more love then monetary gain. Anyway here are some pics

Forgot to say I think I am naming him/her Axe because of the shape on the head and neck like a two sided axe.

Image
Image
Image

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 pm
by Jeff
Welcome to the forum! That is a great looking skink you have. Was it labeled as a Halamahera?

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:11 pm
by Krippschick
Omg I love love love halmaheras, love the black marking on the head.....OMG!

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:15 pm
by Smurfy
I actually picked this up from a local guy that had it as a pet he did not know where it originated from, but I was told it is or shows the colors of a Halamahera. I was lucky to pick him up and got a wonderful deal on him :)

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 pm
by Fatal_S
He has an arrow on his head <3 Too cute. Congrats!

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:47 am
by Rachael t
Wow! He is awesome!!

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:32 am
by shingleback aus
love the coloration and patterning on the neck! welcome! :thumbs:

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:50 am
by Linnea
Beautiful :D

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:43 am
by LarissaLurid
love the colors!

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:44 am
by Edward
:btsnet:

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:19 pm
by Karen
That's a beautiful skink... Love those dark markings.

Welcome to the forum!

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:03 pm
by supersnakeman101
i love patteren

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:54 pm
by Katrina
Welcome to the forum!! :D He is gorgeous!

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:45 pm
by Smurfy
Thanks everyone I will be putting him/her with my friends skink to see if we can determine who's is what as in female or male. Also on a sadder note we found mites in this guys ears so I am getting him on medication for those. My friends skink is atleast 10 years old if not older while mine is from what the guy said around 18 months, but we will see what happens. We will keep a close eye on them when we put them together

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 pm
by Fatal_S
1) You just got it and it's from the wild. It shouldn't be near another skink for several months.
2) It has mites. It needs to be fully treated and without mites for a while before it goes near any other reptile.

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:47 am
by skinkalisous
what a beautiful creature

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:41 am
by Spindown
QUARANTINE QUARANTINE QUARANTINE!!!
like Fatal_S said, you dont know where it came from or what it could have. Its absolutely stunning but DO NOT put it with any other animal until its gotten a fecal, been proactively treated for mites, and has no other signs of illness/disease.
This should be done even if you do know where an animal comes from because people lie.

Love the axe marking on the neck btw.

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 am
by skeetersmom
Design on head looks like a flying dragon - or some other mythological creature; but everyone sees something different.

I agree on the Quaranteen - wouldn't want to make your friend's skink sick/mites...or any other reptile

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 am
by KellyandLindsey
that is so awesome! I have never seen a skink like that he is just beautiful :lovestruck:

Re: Hey guys new here

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 pm
by Alioop
Ditto to what Fatal said!

Otherwise- that is a GORGEOUS skink!