I've been noticing some odd scale discoloration along Sylvia's sides lately. It looks to be some sort of bruising and/or abrasions but I want to run it by everyone here to see what you guys think.
The one scale right between her two bands is the worst.
If it is bruising I'm pretty sure I know what caused it at least. A few days ago when I put her back in her tank after letting her explore for a while, she went to go under her milk crate. Instead of going through the large middle opening, she angled herself and squeezed through one of the smaller holes. I didn't think she could fit through them when I first used the crate to lift up her tile, but I guess she proved me wrong.
Scale bruising
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Scale bruising
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
- StaceyLeigh
- Northern Love

- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: CNY
- Contact:
Re: Scale bruising
I have no idea about the bruising, but I love the set up you have with the milk crate. Great idea!
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Scale bruising
Yeah, no clue about the possible bruising, but as a person who likes to recycle, i LOVE the milk crate idea!! I have...pringles cans and am in the middle of switching to PVC pipes (WHICH THEY LOVE OMG), so that milk crate idea would be perfect at my house 
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: Scale bruising
Whatever it is it's starting to fade so I'm just going to assume it is bruising. The milk crate works great! I just cut it in half with a hacksaw and smoothed the cut edges.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Scale bruising
shes a nice looking specimen,has she recently shed,if so could just be from rubbing against objects,though could be possable the crate caused it to,you would be suprised what they can wedge through
- shingleback aus
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1471
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: australia melbourne victoria
Re: Scale bruising
had the same problem with one of my shinglebacks you just have to figure out what hes rubbing on.. .. i removed the cause which happpend to be the food bowl and he healed up just fine 
true blue 
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 125 guests
