Page 1 of 1

My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:19 pm
by RosiePosie06
So I can not be around any animal regularly without giving them at least two pet names. I discovered this goes for non-mammals as well! Irwin's pet names are Irwy-Birwy (I'm sure he'd cringe if he understood), Little Skinker (play on "you little stinker!"), and, when I'm feeling especially affectionate, My Little Dragon. I've always loved dragons and fantasy, so that nick-name is actually very special to me. I like to think that I now have my own dragon, hahaha. I did consider the names Saphira, Alduin, and Paarthurnax before I came to Irwin... Someone will understand :D

Anyway, I'm curious. Do any of you have pet names for pet skink?

P.S. I'm sure I just sounded like a great nerd, but I'm very capable of being normal :wink: ;)

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:58 am
by Street
RosiePosie06 wrote:My Little Dragon. I've always loved dragons and fantasy, so that nick-name is actually very special to me. I like to think that I now have my own dragon, hahaha.


I call mine Skinkasaurus sometimes as I think dinosaurs are cool and I like to think I have a mini dinosaur.. :oops:

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:04 am
by Bassman
Niko's either my little buddy or my little punk, depending on how irritable he is at the moment. Most of the time he's a punk and usually he's only my buddy when he's staring at me from inside his cage.

And dragons are awesome. The only thing I bothered to learn how to draw halfway decent.

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:41 am
by mclaren90
hehe Darla is often called "my pretty girly"

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 am
by Kbell31
Stinky Skinky, Stinker Skinker, or Indah Windah usually. How wierd :? Edit SPELLING OF WEIRD!!! Why do I always put the "i" first. :doh:

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:56 am
by RosiePosie06
When I left for school today I realized my other pet name, "Sweet Skinker". That's his baby name:) all of our cute pet names!

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:58 am
by Lunaire
Ever since my skink as named Kupo (thanks to people who voted on my name poll :)), my boyfriend started calling him 'Kupster.' :shock: It kinda stuck, haha.

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:33 am
by Nova
Babbyskink is what I call Cloud. Often in an excited high pitched voice declaring how cute he is or how much he is loved. He deals with it. :)
It's from an inside joke spawned by this meme.

I also simply call him BABY SKINK. His 20" long self isn't so baby any more though.

I call my recently acquired Merauke "Newskink", even though he has an official name now (Lightning). Sir Skinkus is another one he get's called; not my doing.

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:18 pm
by LarissaLurid
Lol I give my animals random "pet names" as well. ^.^ Some of them would be, calling my Merauke BTS named Caipora "por-por", calling my spectacled parrotlet named Sweety "Sweetums", one of my dumbo rats named Mischka "Mischkers", my Tibetan Mastiff named Akoha "Akohakins" or fluffyface lol, my Green-Winged Macaw named Beakley "Beakers" or "Beak", my Kinkajou named Kino "kinuu", and that's the main ones lol.
edit: oh and I always call my chihuahua-dachsund mix named Jersey (already named as a baby b4 i got her) "Jerz".

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:11 pm
by donkeybuff
RosiePosie06 wrote:So I can not be around any animal regularly without giving them at least two pet names. I discovered this goes for non-mammals as well! Irwin's pet names are Irwy-Birwy (I'm sure he'd cringe if he understood), Little Skinker (play on "you little stinker!"), and, when I'm feeling especially affectionate, My Little Dragon. I've always loved dragons and fantasy, so that nick-name is actually very special to me. I like to think that I now have my own dragon, hahaha. I did consider the names Saphira, Alduin, and Paarthurnax before I came to Irwin... Someone will understand :D

Anyway, I'm curious. Do any of you have pet names for pet skink?

P.S. I'm sure I just sounded like a great nerd, but I'm very capable of being normal :wink: ;)

I SHOULD HAVE NAMED MY SKINK PAARTHURNAX :doh:

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 pm
by RosiePosie06
I SHOULD HAVE NAMED MY SKINK PAARTHURNAX


Since I am so in love with Skyrim, I'm seriously considering treating Irwin like a Native American and giving him multiple names. Not like he answers to Irwin anyway! Hahaha:)

Among the other pet names for my pets are Sandra Dee and Sandoodles for Sandy, my golden retreiever; Rainers Brainers for my husky, Rain; Ry-Ry Baby or Ry for my horse Ryan (I didn't name him Ryan but I've known him since he was born, so I wont change it even though I hate it haha); Bozo and Bozo McBozy-buddy for another horse named Bo; Ronald or Ronald McDonald for a horse named Ronnie; and my personal favorite Frankenstein for the cat named Frank Sinatra that never comes inside anymore. So on and so forth....

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:21 am
by Coomassie
My husband gives all the animals pet names. Coomassie has a good number. We actually call him Mossie or Moosel most of the time. I think my favorite is actually spiderlicious for my T (whose real name is Willow).

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:51 am
by Nae
I dont even know why I bother naming my pets, outside of typing I never use them :lol:

Ive mentioned this before, but my most common is just refering to them by what they are - Zeke is 'Lizard' or 'Reptile/Reptilian Creature', the dog is 'Dog', ferret is 'Ferret' or 'Weasel' etc~

Zeke also goes by pudgy, pudgmeister, squishie, pocchari just to name a few~

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:23 am
by skeetersmom
Skeeter is mostly called Booga...I have no idea why :noknow:

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:09 pm
by Skink_Lover0327
LOL! Before I knew what gender Boon was, I used to call him Papa Fritas. It just fit for some reason :D Now it is just Skinkapotomas, and sometimes, just "The Lizard." :)

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:18 pm
by RosiePosie06
Papa Frita means French fry:)