My Skink's Pet Names

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
RosiePosie06
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:45 pm
Country:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

My Skink's Pet Names

Postby RosiePosie06 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:19 pm

So I can not be around any animal regularly without giving them at least two pet names. I discovered this goes for non-mammals as well! Irwin's pet names are Irwy-Birwy (I'm sure he'd cringe if he understood), Little Skinker (play on "you little stinker!"), and, when I'm feeling especially affectionate, My Little Dragon. I've always loved dragons and fantasy, so that nick-name is actually very special to me. I like to think that I now have my own dragon, hahaha. I did consider the names Saphira, Alduin, and Paarthurnax before I came to Irwin... Someone will understand :D

Anyway, I'm curious. Do any of you have pet names for pet skink?

P.S. I'm sure I just sounded like a great nerd, but I'm very capable of being normal :wink: ;)
"I think my path would have always gone back to or delivered me to wildlife. I think wildlife is just like a magnet, and it's something that I can't help." --Steve Irwin

Paint Horse-- CQR Guns n Chrom (Ryan), golden retriever--Sandy, Siberian husky--Rain Cloud, Northern BTS--Irwin, Cats--Orlando Bloom and Frank Sinatra, Four Chickens (2 Wyandottes and 2 Australorpes), Mrs. Turkey, Four ducks, pigeons, and seven more horses live on my property
User avatar
Street
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:16 am
Country:
Location: Liverpool

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby Street » Mon May 14, 2012 1:58 am

RosiePosie06 wrote:My Little Dragon. I've always loved dragons and fantasy, so that nick-name is actually very special to me. I like to think that I now have my own dragon, hahaha.


I call mine Skinkasaurus sometimes as I think dinosaurs are cool and I like to think I have a mini dinosaur.. :oops:
User avatar
Bassman
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:24 am
Country:
Location: United States

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby Bassman » Mon May 14, 2012 7:04 am

Niko's either my little buddy or my little punk, depending on how irritable he is at the moment. Most of the time he's a punk and usually he's only my buddy when he's staring at me from inside his cage.

And dragons are awesome. The only thing I bothered to learn how to draw halfway decent.
mclaren90
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 6:43 am
Country:
Location: Essex, England

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby mclaren90 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:41 am

hehe Darla is often called "my pretty girly"
Female Blue Tongue Skink - Darla
Male Ultramel Corn Snake - William
Female Anery B Corn Snake - Annie
Female Leopard Tortoise - George
Male Leopard Tortoise - Freddie
Female Yellow Foot Tortoise - Penny
Female Red Foot Tortoise - Leonard
Unsexed Red Foot - Tomi
Unsexed Sulcata Tortoise - Edward
Unsexed Goldfish - Splish
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby Kbell31 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 am

Stinky Skinky, Stinker Skinker, or Indah Windah usually. How wierd :? Edit SPELLING OF WEIRD!!! Why do I always put the "i" first. :doh:
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
User avatar
RosiePosie06
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:45 pm
Country:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby RosiePosie06 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:56 am

When I left for school today I realized my other pet name, "Sweet Skinker". That's his baby name:) all of our cute pet names!
"I think my path would have always gone back to or delivered me to wildlife. I think wildlife is just like a magnet, and it's something that I can't help." --Steve Irwin

Paint Horse-- CQR Guns n Chrom (Ryan), golden retriever--Sandy, Siberian husky--Rain Cloud, Northern BTS--Irwin, Cats--Orlando Bloom and Frank Sinatra, Four Chickens (2 Wyandottes and 2 Australorpes), Mrs. Turkey, Four ducks, pigeons, and seven more horses live on my property
User avatar
Lunaire
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am
Country:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby Lunaire » Mon May 14, 2012 8:58 am

Ever since my skink as named Kupo (thanks to people who voted on my name poll :)), my boyfriend started calling him 'Kupster.' :shock: It kinda stuck, haha.
Image
Kupo ~ Northern Blue Tongue Skink
<name pending> ~ Piebald Ball Python
User avatar
Nova
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:49 pm
Country:

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby Nova » Mon May 14, 2012 11:33 am

Babbyskink is what I call Cloud. Often in an excited high pitched voice declaring how cute he is or how much he is loved. He deals with it. :)
It's from an inside joke spawned by this meme.

I also simply call him BABY SKINK. His 20" long self isn't so baby any more though.

I call my recently acquired Merauke "Newskink", even though he has an official name now (Lightning). Sir Skinkus is another one he get's called; not my doing.
1.0 Northern - Cloud
1.0 Merauke - Lightning
1.0 Colombian B&W Tegu - Striker
0.0.1 Argentine B&W Black Nose Tegu - ??
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby LarissaLurid » Mon May 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Lol I give my animals random "pet names" as well. ^.^ Some of them would be, calling my Merauke BTS named Caipora "por-por", calling my spectacled parrotlet named Sweety "Sweetums", one of my dumbo rats named Mischka "Mischkers", my Tibetan Mastiff named Akoha "Akohakins" or fluffyface lol, my Green-Winged Macaw named Beakley "Beakers" or "Beak", my Kinkajou named Kino "kinuu", and that's the main ones lol.
edit: oh and I always call my chihuahua-dachsund mix named Jersey (already named as a baby b4 i got her) "Jerz".
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
donkeybuff
Coffee Connoisseur
Coffee Connoisseur
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm
Country: USA
Location: California

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby donkeybuff » Mon May 14, 2012 6:11 pm

RosiePosie06 wrote:So I can not be around any animal regularly without giving them at least two pet names. I discovered this goes for non-mammals as well! Irwin's pet names are Irwy-Birwy (I'm sure he'd cringe if he understood), Little Skinker (play on "you little stinker!"), and, when I'm feeling especially affectionate, My Little Dragon. I've always loved dragons and fantasy, so that nick-name is actually very special to me. I like to think that I now have my own dragon, hahaha. I did consider the names Saphira, Alduin, and Paarthurnax before I came to Irwin... Someone will understand :D

Anyway, I'm curious. Do any of you have pet names for pet skink?

P.S. I'm sure I just sounded like a great nerd, but I'm very capable of being normal :wink: ;)

I SHOULD HAVE NAMED MY SKINK PAARTHURNAX :doh:
Sachin
1.0 Indonesian
1.0 Northern
User avatar
RosiePosie06
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:45 pm
Country:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby RosiePosie06 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 pm

I SHOULD HAVE NAMED MY SKINK PAARTHURNAX


Since I am so in love with Skyrim, I'm seriously considering treating Irwin like a Native American and giving him multiple names. Not like he answers to Irwin anyway! Hahaha:)

Among the other pet names for my pets are Sandra Dee and Sandoodles for Sandy, my golden retreiever; Rainers Brainers for my husky, Rain; Ry-Ry Baby or Ry for my horse Ryan (I didn't name him Ryan but I've known him since he was born, so I wont change it even though I hate it haha); Bozo and Bozo McBozy-buddy for another horse named Bo; Ronald or Ronald McDonald for a horse named Ronnie; and my personal favorite Frankenstein for the cat named Frank Sinatra that never comes inside anymore. So on and so forth....
"I think my path would have always gone back to or delivered me to wildlife. I think wildlife is just like a magnet, and it's something that I can't help." --Steve Irwin

Paint Horse-- CQR Guns n Chrom (Ryan), golden retriever--Sandy, Siberian husky--Rain Cloud, Northern BTS--Irwin, Cats--Orlando Bloom and Frank Sinatra, Four Chickens (2 Wyandottes and 2 Australorpes), Mrs. Turkey, Four ducks, pigeons, and seven more horses live on my property
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby Coomassie » Tue May 15, 2012 6:21 am

My husband gives all the animals pet names. Coomassie has a good number. We actually call him Mossie or Moosel most of the time. I think my favorite is actually spiderlicious for my T (whose real name is Willow).
Cay T.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby Nae » Tue May 15, 2012 7:51 am

I dont even know why I bother naming my pets, outside of typing I never use them :lol:

Ive mentioned this before, but my most common is just refering to them by what they are - Zeke is 'Lizard' or 'Reptile/Reptilian Creature', the dog is 'Dog', ferret is 'Ferret' or 'Weasel' etc~

Zeke also goes by pudgy, pudgmeister, squishie, pocchari just to name a few~
User avatar
skeetersmom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
Country:
Location: Milwaukee WI USA

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby skeetersmom » Tue May 15, 2012 9:23 am

Skeeter is mostly called Booga...I have no idea why :noknow:
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
User avatar
Skink_Lover0327
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 pm
Country:
Location: Utah, United States

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby Skink_Lover0327 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:09 pm

LOL! Before I knew what gender Boon was, I used to call him Papa Fritas. It just fit for some reason :D Now it is just Skinkapotomas, and sometimes, just "The Lizard." :)
User avatar
RosiePosie06
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:45 pm
Country:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Re: My Skink's Pet Names

Postby RosiePosie06 » Wed May 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Papa Frita means French fry:)
"I think my path would have always gone back to or delivered me to wildlife. I think wildlife is just like a magnet, and it's something that I can't help." --Steve Irwin

Paint Horse-- CQR Guns n Chrom (Ryan), golden retriever--Sandy, Siberian husky--Rain Cloud, Northern BTS--Irwin, Cats--Orlando Bloom and Frank Sinatra, Four Chickens (2 Wyandottes and 2 Australorpes), Mrs. Turkey, Four ducks, pigeons, and seven more horses live on my property

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 289 guests