Page 1 of 1
YPIEE!! Skeeter eats greens w/o camouflage
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:05 am
by skeetersmom
I can only get excited about this here - where I am understood. Any other place - the eyes would roll
Skeeter at a healthy amount of dandilion greens without being camouflaged with dog food! This is the first time he has even shown interest in them - and to my delight started chomping them down!

Re: YPIEE!! Skeeter eats greens w/o camouflage
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:36 am
by PlinkoPachinko
yaaaay!!!
Re: YPIEE!! Skeeter eats greens w/o camouflage
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:03 pm
by Snickers :)
This was how I felt when Snickers first ate bok choi without camouflage, such a triumphant feeling, congrats!
Re: YPIEE!! Skeeter eats greens w/o camouflage
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:39 pm
by donkeybuff
I guess we're lucky

Re: YPIEE!! Skeeter eats greens w/o camouflage
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:08 pm
by KellyandLindsey
ya hooooo that is so exiting i am tying to get my skinks to eat their greens with out hiding it to and I am slowly and shorly getting there

Re: YPIEE!! Skeeter eats greens w/o camouflage
Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 am
by skeetersmom
She has eaten squash naked - perhaps I will put the two together next week.
Re: YPIEE!! Skeeter eats greens w/o camouflage
Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:22 pm
by Scooter_in_Kindergarten
That is something to celebrate
Don't you love it when they eat the healthy stuff and not just the sweets and meats?

Like a mom. "yay, they like eating broccoli and spinach, not just french fries and mac and cheese!"

Re: YPIEE!! Skeeter eats greens w/o camouflage
Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:08 pm
by El Lobo
I think you will find as the skinks get older they will eat a higher percentage of vegetable matter. They know what they are doing seeking mostly protein when they are young and growing.
Re: YPIEE!! Skeeter eats greens w/o camouflage
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:23 pm
by skeetersmom
Skeeter is 7 - but his previous owner obviously was not a member of this forum

.
When I got him, his diet consisted of dog food, bannanas, strawberries and hard boiled eggs. That is why I got so excited when he ate his first greens. Of course, that was when they were chopped into teeny tiny bits and swimming in the dog food.
These guys are our children aren't they...so Happy Mothers Day al femalel BTS owners <3
Re: YPIEE!! Skeeter eats greens w/o camouflage
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:09 pm
by RosiePosie06
Oh my gosh I got so excited when Irwin ate his greens and squash without masking it! I was going to post the news here too, but something messed up... We're all proud mommas/dads <3