Page 1 of 1

How much supplement do you add?

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:47 pm
by neurotic88
So Jarvis seems to be progressing well :)

I take him out every single day for at least a short visit, and every time he gets a tiny piece of fruit or egg as a treat, I figure it will help him associate coming out as a positive experience?

I'm feeding him every other day, and he eats about half a teaspoon, I generally supplement every meal, sometimes I skip it.
I put about a pinch of powder in, as the directions aren't really clear about the proportions.

For a juvi, how much and how often is a good staple?


Thanks!

Image

Re: How much supplement do you add?

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 pm
by Richard.C
nice lil skink,a small pinch is fine,especially with small meals

Re: How much supplement do you add?

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:35 pm
by neurotic88
Okay, sounds good.

Is there such a thing as too much supplement?

Or is it like mammals , when they get too many vitamins they just get excreted out etc?

Re: How much supplement do you add?

Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:10 am
by Spindown
I was told that reptiles excrete extra calcium, but D3 can be dangerous. Its usually fine in the powder form, but I was told by my vet NEVER EVER EVER! get the water soluble kind of D3. It gets toxic and they cant deal with it and it poisons them :(

Re: How much supplement do you add?

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:05 am
by neurotic88
SapphireTigress wrote:I was told that reptiles excrete extra calcium, but D3 can be dangerous. Its usually fine in the powder form, but I was told by my vet NEVER EVER EVER! get the water soluble kind of D3. It gets toxic and they cant deal with it and it poisons them :(



Yikes, never heard of that before, but yeah Jarvis gets the ultra fine powder every 2 days