Page 1 of 1

Introducing Boon!

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:47 pm
by Skink_Lover0327
Hi Everyone! :heyho:

I'm sorry it has been a while. I am the author of "Just Caught The Bluey Fever" post, and I am VERY Happy to announce that I finally saw hemipenes on my new little boy, Boon! It took 7 doo-da observations before he finally everted.

I picked him up yesturday and he had just finished his shed. He was a little more jittery than normal, so I put him down and then that is when he went to the bathroom. As he was finishing up, I notice for like a fraction of a second what looked like a "pink banana" pop out and then back in. He had never done it before and after looking at other pictures of hemipenes, can only guess that that was what I saw.

Here is the new pictures of him after his shed. He is more yellow and is now showing more color :yes!:.

Thank you everyone previously for your replies, You have great visual gender detection skills! :thanks:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Introducing Boon!

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:55 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
I still believe indo...

Re: Introducing Boon!

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm
by Richard.C
:banana2: he is a nice looking specimen,im leaning towards indo to

Re: Introducing Boon!

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 am
by Fatal_S
I conceed, Boon looks more Indo than Merauke. That first picture is priceless, make it your avatar. What a pretty face.

Re: Introducing Boon!

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:23 pm
by KellyandLindsey
He is so cute I think skinks are the cutest animal in the world in my option 8) :clap:

Re: Introducing Boon!

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:34 pm
by Richard.C
if legit farm bred blueys occurred,always the chance it has meurake in it,also wouldnt suprise me if not all meurakes look classic,the variety in all these guys is awsome

Re: Introducing Boon!

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:49 am
by Spindown
I'd say Indo, but take into account what Richard said too.
I will always have a soft spot for Indos, our first skink Zergling is an Indo :)