Introducing Boon!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Skink_Lover0327
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 pm
Country:
Location: Utah, United States

Introducing Boon!

Postby Skink_Lover0327 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi Everyone! :heyho:

I'm sorry it has been a while. I am the author of "Just Caught The Bluey Fever" post, and I am VERY Happy to announce that I finally saw hemipenes on my new little boy, Boon! It took 7 doo-da observations before he finally everted.

I picked him up yesturday and he had just finished his shed. He was a little more jittery than normal, so I put him down and then that is when he went to the bathroom. As he was finishing up, I notice for like a fraction of a second what looked like a "pink banana" pop out and then back in. He had never done it before and after looking at other pictures of hemipenes, can only guess that that was what I saw.

Here is the new pictures of him after his shed. He is more yellow and is now showing more color :yes!:.

Thank you everyone previously for your replies, You have great visual gender detection skills! :thanks:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Introducing Boon!

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:55 pm

I still believe indo...
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Introducing Boon!

Postby Richard.C » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm

:banana2: he is a nice looking specimen,im leaning towards indo to
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Introducing Boon!

Postby Fatal_S » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 am

I conceed, Boon looks more Indo than Merauke. That first picture is priceless, make it your avatar. What a pretty face.
User avatar
KellyandLindsey
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm
Country:
Location: Denver Colorado

Re: Introducing Boon!

Postby KellyandLindsey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:23 pm

He is so cute I think skinks are the cutest animal in the world in my option 8) :clap:
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Introducing Boon!

Postby Richard.C » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:34 pm

if legit farm bred blueys occurred,always the chance it has meurake in it,also wouldnt suprise me if not all meurakes look classic,the variety in all these guys is awsome
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: Introducing Boon!

Postby Spindown » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:49 am

I'd say Indo, but take into account what Richard said too.
I will always have a soft spot for Indos, our first skink Zergling is an Indo :)
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 186 guests