I"ll do an update thread when i have the chance, but for now its a couple of questions.
My friends mom lives on a local lake, where we found some large aquatic snails. They appear to be Cipangopaludina chinensis after some reasearch (i have to dig a little more next week when i get more to be sure). I am aware these are an invasive species, so before anyone gets weird on me, no i'm not planning on selling them, re-releasing them, or otherwise spreading them around. If i have to purge a tank, they will all be euthanized before getting thrown out.
Moving on:
I've read about purging land snails, but i cant seem to find how to purge aquatic snails. I was also wondering if the Metronidazole would be safe to use if I want to make 100% sure they are treated for parasites and then feed to my blueys. (and/or eat them myself). I am planning on breeding these for personal use only, as the one i tried with one of my blueys was a HUUUUUUUUGE hit!!
I'm on a couple snail forums to find out more, but some of them are upset about the idea of someone else eating or feeding off what they consider pets (which i can respect). Hence why i'm asking here
Thanks in advance
~ST




