BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
PlinkoPachinko
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 pm
Country:
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Postby PlinkoPachinko » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:04 am

I'm not sure if it's allowed because I'm not really advertising, but I'm wondering if anyone else has ordered a BTS from captivebred.com. That's where I got Plinko, and Donna was really wonderful to work with. I mostly see users who buy from other users, or get them at pet stores (wildcaught/captiveborn). I also feel that most of the users know of most of the breeders (especially Northerns) and I was just wondering if anyone knows the people from captivebred.com :)
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:27 am

I don't know the people from the website. I do know people who have received their skinks from them though :)
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Postby bella3 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:47 am

I don't know them personally but I did exchange emails with Donna a few times, and found her to be nice. :)
User avatar
jasjmm27
Live Bearing Lizards
Live Bearing Lizards
Posts: 1647
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:11 pm
Country:
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Re: BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Postby jasjmm27 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:49 am

That is one of the recommended breeders here. The only reason they are not seen more/spoken more of is that they don't really have a "presence" on this website or other forums...but they are good people (that I do NOT know personally, nor have I met), but I have heard nothing but good about them. :)
User avatar
PlinkoPachinko
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 pm
Country:
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Re: BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Postby PlinkoPachinko » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:41 am

jasjmm27 wrote:That is one of the recommended breeders here. The only reason they are not seen more/spoken more of is that they don't really have a "presence" on this website or other forums...but they are good people (that I do NOT know personally, nor have I met), but I have heard nothing but good about them. :)


I've been e-mailing Donna back and forth about Plinko's growth and progress, and she loves hearing about him! I love having contact with the breeder just to let them know how their little bub is doing sometimes :P
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Postby Katrina » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:25 am

PlinkoPachinko wrote:
jasjmm27 wrote:That is one of the recommended breeders here. The only reason they are not seen more/spoken more of is that they don't really have a "presence" on this website or other forums...but they are good people (that I do NOT know personally, nor have I met), but I have heard nothing but good about them. :)


I've been e-mailing Donna back and forth about Plinko's growth and progress, and she loves hearing about him! I love having contact with the breeder just to let them know how their little bub is doing sometimes :P


If you're in contact with her, I'd be happy to add here to the recommended breeders page if you can get me the info she wants up there (if she cares to advertise here). Like Jason said, if they don't have a presence on the forum then they are generally overlooked, but there are lots of great breeders and very experienced people out there that don't participate here or on other forums. :D
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Re: BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Postby Zach » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:17 pm

Yeah, we've known them for quite a while -- no problems with them!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Postby Bird_Brain » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Only dealing I have had with them is when they purchased my northerns. Very easy people to deal with. Wouldnt hesitate to do business with them again.
Brad
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Re: BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Postby James Wilson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Donna is very nice, and does very well with her skinks. I have done business with her over the years, and she has always been great to deal with.
James Wilson
User avatar
Sal
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:03 pm
Country:
Location: Michigan

Re: BTS breeder websites? (captivebred.com)

Postby Sal » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm a little late to this party, but I got Grinkin from Donna at Captivebred in 2005! I loved doing business with her, and even went back a couple years later when my cousin decided he wanted one. He ended up buying one of her babies as well, and of course everything went wonderfully.

Had I not been so darn impatient (wait for baby season? HA!) I would probably have gone back to her again this year.

She seemed very happy with my constant updates and pictures of Grinkin as he grew. I enjoyed keeping in touch and just letting her know that he was still safe and happy. :B

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 221 guests