Page 1 of 1

New Lizard

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:12 am
by AidanJames1
I got my New Lizard today (I named him Rex, like T-Rex.) He always hides in his hide cave right at the very back why is he doing this.

Re: New Lizard

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:41 am
by Katrina
Welcome!! Congratulations on your new little addition. :D Because you just got him and moving is quite scary and stressful, hiding is completely normal and expected. Have you read about letting him settle in for a week or two before handling him much? It would be good to keep interactions to a minimum for the first week so that he can get used to his new home and start to feel safe.

There is some information in here that we are putting together, maybe you can read over some of it and give us some feedback on whether we've missed anything or don't explain anything clearly enough: viewforum.php?f=24

What kind of blue tongue skink do you have? I'd love to see some pictures once he is settled in! :D

Re: New Lizard

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:14 pm
by bella3
Nice! Like Kat said, I would love to see some pictures!

Re: New Lizard

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:37 pm
by AidanJames1
He is an eastern Blue tongue he is nearly 2 months old and I will definitely post pictures when he settles in.

Re: New Lizard

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:05 pm
by bella3
Awesome! Can't wait.