Page 1 of 1

Nasturtium for blueys?

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:35 pm
by jasjmm27
Anyone feed their skinks Nasturtiums? They grow well here and I have a bunch this season...they are human edible and seem to be ok for many other lizards...just curious if anyone has any other info on feeding skinks these flowers (and maybe the greens as well)?

Re: Nasturtium for blueys?

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:41 pm
by Richard.C
i cant for the life of me remember what they are jas,but remember them if that makes sense,lol,if other lizards eat them id say they would be good to add to the diet

Re: Nasturtium for blueys?

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 pm
by Katrina
When searching around for diet / food chart info I found several sites that said nasturtiums are fine for reptiles. I've only fed them once, just the flowers, so not certain about the leaves.

Re: Nasturtium for blueys?

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:39 pm
by Gail
I used to fed flowers and leaves to my bearded dragons and uros. They have a peppery flavor, much like watercress.

Re: Nasturtium for blueys?

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 pm
by NennaMeerkat
What do these flowers/plants look like? Cause now I am curious.

Re: Nasturtium for blueys?

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:29 am
by jasjmm27
They should grow well in Texas...

This is a picture from the internet...haven't taken pics of mine yet, but they look exactly like this. :)

Re: Nasturtium for blueys?

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:31 am
by jasjmm27
Thanks everyone! Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing any signs that they would be bad...I have tried them myself, nice peppery flavor as explained... :)