Boots update

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
bluesrt
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:54 pm
Country:

Boots update

Postby bluesrt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:44 pm

This is Boots the merauke. Born by breeder Bill Schwin on 6-17-11. So it’s about 9 months old now. At 5 months Boots was 15” and now at 19” Is doing great. For all the people considering a pet lizard this is a great one to get. All I have done so far is give a bathe when very young as I seen a small black bug moving fast around its mouth, I’m guessing it was a mite. I used Dawn soap once and have seemed to get rid of whatever bugs it had. I use cypress mulch as substrate and have a large water bowel, no problems shedding. I feed canned cat food mixed with frozen or canned veggies dusted with rep-cal calcium with vit.d3 as well as rep-cal multivitamins. Boots seems to really like the canned mixed veggies in his food as he wants to eat it every day and eats a lot of it. Boots has tried to go dormant on me once about a month ago and I just woke it up good and has been fine after that. My four year old daughter is at head height with boots cage and she does not faze Boots at all. I seem to make him a little jumpy when I walk up, but it is so used to my little girl watching him all the time lol. I’d like to give a shout to Katrina on this forum because she is hands down one of the best lizard keepers I have heard from on a forum and helps anyone at any time with any lizard problem!!!! I have three cats and have the top locked, I only use one 40 watt bulb for heat inside the tank and one or two florcent lights on top. This setup uses a lot less electrity and eliminates the risk of fire from a cat knocking down a 100 watt or more bulb on top of the tank screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Boots update

Postby Richard.C » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:03 pm

beautiful merauke,looks in great shape,thats some great growth in 9 months to
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Boots update

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Boots is beautiful! More pictures please?
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Boots update

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Could I see a picture of his back?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Boots update

Postby bella3 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Like the others said, more pictures please!!!!!!!
Very cute, and growing fast!
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Boots update

Postby Bird_Brain » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Very nice skink! Looking forward to more pics! ;)
Brad
bluesrt
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:54 pm
Country:

Re: Boots update

Postby bluesrt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:12 pm

PICT0184.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Boots update

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Wow. So Bill breed meraukes that look exactly like Blueberry...
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Boots update

Postby Katrina » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:36 pm

Just gorgeous! Boots looks so healthy and shiny, I love the colors on him. :D So glad to see things working out so well, he looks just great!
User avatar
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott
Posts: 4362
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
Country:
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Re: Boots update

Postby Scotts1au » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:02 pm

I use low wattage incandscent spots and a low wattage ceramic heat emmitter at night. Works well for me.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 147 guests