My new skink is here! (pics)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby StaceyLeigh » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 am

She's here Yeah! Safe and sound. I always worry about the shipping! She is gorgeous, and HUGE :shock: 22" (at least, I have to measure) I tried to get a weight, I was getting 820+ and I couldn't even get the tail on the scale, and I couldn't find a big enough box to weigh her in. She may need to go on a little diet, Sh,Sh..(I think she likes her food alot) She looks female to me (but of course that is what I want!) I will try to get some top down photos soon and post. Here are a couple of her in her new home, relaxing and basking. She is so sweet! I have renamed her. Her new name is Calypso.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby StaceyLeigh » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:58 am

I wanted to make her feel at home so I fed her a meal. She dove right in. Too funny my other 2 didn't eat for several days when they first got here!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gail
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 am
Country:

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby Gail » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:56 am

She's beautiful. I got my two new northerns yesterday but haven't posted pics yet, I'll have to get some up later.
1.1 Northerns, Cyanide and Happiness
0.1 Indo, Pepper
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby bella3 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:09 pm

I really like her patterning. She is quite cute...and big! Congrats!
It's funny tat the other two wouldn't eat, but this one dove in right away :)
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby StaceyLeigh » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:10 pm

A couple more pictures. I can't believe how friendly and calm she is. Out basking most of the day! Both my others are very friendly now, but it took them a while to warm up to us and not hide all the time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supersnakeman101
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:32 pm
Country:
Location: columbea sc

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby supersnakeman101 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:40 pm

wow big bluey but super cute none the less :D
united we stand divided we fall
P.S i am all over the place sometimes with my post... and sometimes my spelling is bad so just bare with me on that
this is your WARNING ! :)
1.0 merauke
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby Richard.C » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:27 pm

glad it got there smoothly,always fun having that first look after shipping,when they are accustomed to humans they generally settle right in,last 2 mustnt have been full accustomed yet

weight wise looks good to me,definatly no need for a diet,looks in great shape
Lizyms
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:58 am
Country:
Location: australia

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby Lizyms » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:50 pm

she is beautiful, is she an eastern? I am a newb. I have a baby eastern. I will be posting pic of as soon as I know how. I love her name too. You must be a very proud new mum!
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby Kbell31 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:53 pm

OOOh that is a beautiful Northern, congrats!
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
User avatar
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem
Posts: 1918
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
Country: U.S.A.
Location: Texas

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby Edward » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Beautiful. Congratulations, Stacey.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby Richard.C » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:45 pm

shes a northern lizyms,there a subspecies of the eastern
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby Katrina » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Congrats!! She is beautiful, great buy!! :D Nice to see the people who were waiting for BTS to ship got them home safe and sound.
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: My new skink is here! (pics)

Postby Bird_Brain » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Wonderful skink! Very nice looking.
Brad

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 281 guests