Today I received my shipment from Mulberry farms of Silkworm+ Hornworm cups (20-25) worms in each cup.
Ryu chomped down 4 of the Silkworms (1-1.5" long) The hornworms are still too small to eat, but are supposed to be full size in a week or two!
Just wanted to share for anyone who's interested in these as a feeder.
Mulberry farms was fast on delivery, and make it really easy to raise these guys.
Around $25 (US) for both worms cups+ shipping
http://mulberryfarms.com/Live-Silkworms-c22/
Youtube
Ryu can't seem to get over my camera hehe
http://youtu.be/Hly4CQ8piqQ
Hornworms & Silkworms arrived!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- SFBlueTongue81
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 85
- Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:48 am
- Country:
- Location: San Francisco
Hornworms & Silkworms arrived!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 Northern BTS
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
Re: Hornworms & Silkworms arrived!
Nice, I'm sure your skinker will enjoy those 
- NennaMeerkat
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
- Country:
- Location: Fort Worth Texas
Re: Hornworms & Silkworms arrived!
Your skink is beautiful, and seems pretty wary about you filming him eat. I bet it is cause he is self conscious about being a messy eater.
- StaceyLeigh
- Northern Love

- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: CNY
- Contact:
Re: Hornworms & Silkworms arrived!
Wow, he seems to be enjoying them! I love to watch them shake their food 
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
Re: Hornworms & Silkworms arrived!
Ha, tottaly missed the video the first time around...What a cutie! He really seemed to enjoy those 
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Hornworms & Silkworms arrived!
Wow - tiny horn worms, the ones I get are monsters, didn't know they are that small at one time! 
Nice, very healthy feeders, those are great!
Nice, very healthy feeders, those are great!
- SFBlueTongue81
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 85
- Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:48 am
- Country:
- Location: San Francisco
Re: Hornworms & Silkworms arrived!
Haha Thanks everybody.
I love it when they shake their food too
He cracked me up how he kept checking the camera out, he never does that when it's just me. These little guys are so observant!!
So far he looooves the silkworms, I thought I ordered the medium hornworms I'm not sure why they're so small, but the instructions say they can grow inches in a week so I can't wait to try those out too :-)
I love it when they shake their food too
He cracked me up how he kept checking the camera out, he never does that when it's just me. These little guys are so observant!!
So far he looooves the silkworms, I thought I ordered the medium hornworms I'm not sure why they're so small, but the instructions say they can grow inches in a week so I can't wait to try those out too :-)
1 Northern BTS
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 194 guests
