what do you love the most??
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
what do you love the most??
I know that everyone has their own reasons why they love their bluey...what's yours?
I want to hear why everyone loves their BTS so much.
I want to hear why everyone loves their BTS so much.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: what do you love the most??
I don't love my "bluey". I only call him "Blueberry" for the members of this forum. I really call him T. g. evanescens male #1. 

-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
Re: what do you love the most??
Alright, than what do you love about your T. g. evanescens male #1. ???
- NennaMeerkat
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
- Country:
- Location: Fort Worth Texas
Re: what do you love the most??
I love my guy for several reasons. 1. The way he eats and buries his face into his food is adorable 2. He has grown to trust me since the first day I got him as a rescue 3. The way he yawns so big after getting a good drink from the bathroom sink (his favorite place to drink) 4. He watches me every morning when I get ready for the day or change for the evening
So many things make me just love my Mr. Blue <3
So many things make me just love my Mr. Blue <3
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: what do you love the most??
I love their unique personalities. Every one of mine is different but they all are curious and quite interactive, and a really unique little personality. Some really enjoy watching everything, some will come to check out what is happening when I open the glass, some seem completely unafraid and have no reservations about being handled... I love different things about each BTS I have.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: what do you love the most??
I want my skink to be like this!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KmdMxhBG0A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KmdMxhBG0A
- Linnea
- Swedish Flower

- Posts: 1781
- Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: what do you love the most??
I love my bluey since his body is so big and his legs so small and cute. plus he is brightly coloured and is very happy to recieve food (he shows it even more with his "bad table manners", but i guess just as in some parts asia it just shows he appreciated it).
such small things make me incredibly happy every day. actually i just need to see him bask and i feel like the first day i bought him xD
such small things make me incredibly happy every day. actually i just need to see him bask and i feel like the first day i bought him xD
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
-
neurotic88
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 88
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:10 am
- Country:
- Location: Toronto, Canada
Re: what do you love the most??
I guess I love the fact that Jarvis is too small to hurt when he bites me every time I take him out >.>
- Nae
- Forum Graphic Designer

- Posts: 1889
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
- Country:
- Location: Western Australia
Re: what do you love the most??
I like having a nice, calm and quiet pet for once 
Also, I love the fact that he is legal. Long story short, when I first got my Mazi, he was a rescue. Attacked by a dog as a baby, lost the use of one of his front legs for nearly 4 years etc. I took excellent care of him, adored him etc, and gradually he was back to full strength, and while I considered it, I actually couldn't bring myself to return him to the wild, especially since by the time he was better we lived in a completely new area. Then I found out he was illegal to keep. From that day on, I worried about being caught with him, what would happen if I was caught etc. I hated being scared of taking him to the vet (Luckily he never got sick beyond what I could do), hated not being able to talk about him with friends or show him off to people. Basically I had to keep him in secret, which I found terrible.
Zeke though, I can bring him out and not be scared of answering the door with him on my arm, I love telling people about him and bluetongues in general. I love being in the process of making his enclosure awesome and about how one day it will hopefully be like a center piece in the living room, as for me making his enclosure awesome is part of the fun in keeping him
Also, I love the fact that he is legal. Long story short, when I first got my Mazi, he was a rescue. Attacked by a dog as a baby, lost the use of one of his front legs for nearly 4 years etc. I took excellent care of him, adored him etc, and gradually he was back to full strength, and while I considered it, I actually couldn't bring myself to return him to the wild, especially since by the time he was better we lived in a completely new area. Then I found out he was illegal to keep. From that day on, I worried about being caught with him, what would happen if I was caught etc. I hated being scared of taking him to the vet (Luckily he never got sick beyond what I could do), hated not being able to talk about him with friends or show him off to people. Basically I had to keep him in secret, which I found terrible.
Zeke though, I can bring him out and not be scared of answering the door with him on my arm, I love telling people about him and bluetongues in general. I love being in the process of making his enclosure awesome and about how one day it will hopefully be like a center piece in the living room, as for me making his enclosure awesome is part of the fun in keeping him
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: what do you love the most??
I love everything. I love the way Coomassie chases roaches around his tank and I love recognition in his eyes when he sees me. I love Sunday morning skinker cuddles and watching him explore the living room. I love the big blue kisses. I'm going to stop writing now because my husband is getting jealous...
Cay T.
-
neurotic88
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 88
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:10 am
- Country:
- Location: Toronto, Canada
Re: what do you love the most??
I hope my bluey ends up being nice like everyone elses lol.
He hates me guts so far, but only been home 9 days.
He hates me guts so far, but only been home 9 days.
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: what do you love the most??
neurotic88 wrote:I hope my bluey ends up being nice like everyone elses lol.
He hates me guts so far, but only been home 9 days.
Coomassie was very shy at first. He wouldn't eat for the first two weeks I had him and he huffed at me when I walked in the room. It just takes time. Once he gets adjusted and you start handling him, he will probably warm up pretty fast.
Cay T.
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
Re: what do you love the most??
Thanks for the replies everyone! hearing all of these things makes me even more excited about getting my own BTS!!!!
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: what do you love the most??
neurotic88 wrote:I hope my bluey ends up being nice like everyone elses lol.
He hates me guts so far, but only been home 9 days.
9 days isn't nearly long enough to know what his personality will be like. He is still very new and settling, sometimes it takes months before they become accustomed to you, the new home, new sounds etc. Be patient! After a few months I'm sure you'll have a much better idea of personality.
-
neurotic88
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 88
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:10 am
- Country:
- Location: Toronto, Canada
Re: what do you love the most??
Katrina wrote:neurotic88 wrote:I hope my bluey ends up being nice like everyone elses lol.
He hates me guts so far, but only been home 9 days.
9 days isn't nearly long enough to know what his personality will be like. He is still very new and settling, sometimes it takes months before they become accustomed to you, the new home, new sounds etc. Be patient! After a few months I'm sure you'll have a much better idea of personality.
Yeah, You've been right so far
I hope he ends up being nice and friendly.
-
supersnakeman101
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:32 pm
- Country:
- Location: columbea sc
Re: what do you love the most??
i love blaze when he gives me a dirty look when i did not do somthing that he liked its so cute
united we stand divided we fall
P.S i am all over the place sometimes with my post... and sometimes my spelling is bad so just bare with me on that
this is your WARNING !
1.0 merauke
P.S i am all over the place sometimes with my post... and sometimes my spelling is bad so just bare with me on that
this is your WARNING !
1.0 merauke
- PlinkoPachinko
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 113
- Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Contact:
Re: what do you love the most??
I love how Plinko whistles when he's burrowing his head into something. I love how he cocks his head at me and looks me right in the eye. I love when he burrows into me and then just lays there, and when I move, he stares at me like I just committed the most horrible crime!
- SFBlueTongue81
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 85
- Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:48 am
- Country:
- Location: San Francisco
Re: what do you love the most??
I love how he's a totally interactive pet, but not needy like a dog, but can hang out on my chest and watch TV for hours. That he's a very friendly tame pet, but can still go nuts hunting down some prey. That I can put him on my bed and he'll just watch me walk around my room, and I love how interesting he is but very low key at the same time.
1 Northern BTS
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Re: what do you love the most??
Just before I got my Eastern BTS - I had not heard of these wonderful animals. After research and discussing with my local herp vet - decided to get one. Although I purchased him, I consider him a rescue. His precious owner had him in an eclosure that was too small (after water and hide in it) with nothing to borrow in - just paper towles crumpled up.
So you ask what I love most? How skeeter "dives" into his shredded paper (no print on it) and loves to lie on his basking rock (which he didn't have before). I love how he reacts to my voice in the morning - pocking his head out of his bedding and flicking his tongue out.
I head that BTS don't like being petted - but Skeeter will come up to my hand and do a head rub on it! and he (I am pretty sure) enjoys having his chin stroked. He lifts his head and does not move away when I do it.
I love watching him eat, since when I first got him he would bulk at anything that wasn't dog food, bannana or eggs. Now he is devouring his snails, tomato worms, greens, and squashes.
So, like most here - there are may things I love about these creatures - probably most that each has their own personality (I only have one, but seeing from other posts).
I have had / have several different reptiles (snakes, beardies, iguanas)..but BTS rule in my book
So you ask what I love most? How skeeter "dives" into his shredded paper (no print on it) and loves to lie on his basking rock (which he didn't have before). I love how he reacts to my voice in the morning - pocking his head out of his bedding and flicking his tongue out.
I head that BTS don't like being petted - but Skeeter will come up to my hand and do a head rub on it! and he (I am pretty sure) enjoys having his chin stroked. He lifts his head and does not move away when I do it.
I love watching him eat, since when I first got him he would bulk at anything that wasn't dog food, bannana or eggs. Now he is devouring his snails, tomato worms, greens, and squashes.
So, like most here - there are may things I love about these creatures - probably most that each has their own personality (I only have one, but seeing from other posts).
I have had / have several different reptiles (snakes, beardies, iguanas)..but BTS rule in my book
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- smex14
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:40 am
- Country:
- Location: Birmingham, UK
Re: what do you love the most??
I love how Sigs gives me that very funny glance, with only his eyes moving as if to say "oh, you. what are you doing"
I love the way I couldn't get him to eat a THING and he was unhappy buy now he is super happy (as far as his grumpiness will allow) AND I have to try and stop him from eating me!
I love how he pretends he doesn't care, but if I leave the room and come back a few minutes later he is pressed against the glass like "where did you go???"
I love that he will actually sit on me, very still, with nothing happening...and still huff.
I love the way I couldn't get him to eat a THING and he was unhappy buy now he is super happy (as far as his grumpiness will allow) AND I have to try and stop him from eating me!
I love how he pretends he doesn't care, but if I leave the room and come back a few minutes later he is pressed against the glass like "where did you go???"
I love that he will actually sit on me, very still, with nothing happening...and still huff.
1 Indo BTS - Sigs
1 Herman's Tortoise - Maris
1 Stuart's Milks Snake - Errol
2 Labradors - Busta & Dre
4 Chickens - Scarlett, Gwyneth, Catherine & Victoria (RIP Audrey)
1 Herman's Tortoise - Maris
1 Stuart's Milks Snake - Errol
2 Labradors - Busta & Dre
4 Chickens - Scarlett, Gwyneth, Catherine & Victoria (RIP Audrey)
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 182 guests
