Page 1 of 1

is it?

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:32 pm
by BTSmania
is this the rare bowty nose with an extra scale?

Re: is it?

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:26 pm
by Jeff
That is actually a very unique scale formation. It IS a "bowtie", but the way the scale in front of the bowtie is split, makes it even more unusual. Here is a typical bowtie nose form the care sheet : http://www.bluetongueskinks.net/bowtie1.jpg

Re: is it?

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:41 am
by BTSmania
BTSmania wrote:is this the rare bowty nose with an extra scale?
now thats some news that ill enjoy^^. but just about how rare is it? in chances. like 1 in 50 or something

Re: is it?

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:04 am
by Jeff
I don't think anyone can tell you for sure. The caresheet states that they occur in about 1/200, but I'm pretty sure this has not been scientifically established. Every once in awhile there is a thread posted asking if anyone has a bowtie, and usually at least one new one is discovered.

Re: is it?

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:01 pm
by Katrina
It's odd how some of their noses turn out with weird scales like that. I have one with the bowtie and one with the quad nose thing, I'm not sure how common they are but they aren't unheard of.

Re: is it?

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:02 pm
by bella3
I love those unique bowtie's!!!!! They are adorable!