Scooter on Spring Break
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Scooter_in_Kindergarten
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 152
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
- Country:
- Location: Central Florida
Scooter on Spring Break
So, School is out for a week and Scooter is home on vacation with me
Scooter is doing really good and you can't even tell witch eye she had surgery on, I am so thankful I spent the money for the surgery. Thank you again for all your support during that hard time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
Awww!
Beautiful! It is so nice to see success stories like this, often when people ask for advice and the answer is expensive vet bills we don't hear from them again. It is so great to see Scooter looking so healthy, gorgeous and well loved. Thanks for updating us!
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
Wow, she's looking awesome. You're right, I can't tell which eye had the surgery. What a pretty skink with an awesome skink-mom 
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
I'm glad the eye healed up so well. He is looking great!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Alioop
- Loopy De Loop

- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
Scooter has such gorgeous colors! Glad he's healed up so well, thanks for the pics!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
- StaceyLeigh
- Northern Love

- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: CNY
- Contact:
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
Looks like he is enjoying his break, he has the right idea, lazy relaxation! So glad to here he is doing better!
- Linnea
- Swedish Flower

- Posts: 1781
- Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
wooow
scooter looks great, and even matches the house in her splendid colours.
(im jealous she gets to bask like that.....looks like summer already lol)
(im jealous she gets to bask like that.....looks like summer already lol)
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
a few hes and shes,lol,scooters looking great,a picture of health and very nice looking specimen overall to,glad he/she is doing well
- Scooter_in_Kindergarten
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 152
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
- Country:
- Location: Central Florida
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
Thank you 
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
All Scooter is missing is a nice tropical drink with one of those little umbrellas in it. Glad to hear he is doing well and enjoying his spring break!
Cay T.
- Scooter_in_Kindergarten
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 152
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
- Country:
- Location: Central Florida
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
[quote]All Scooter is missing is a nice tropical drink with one of those little umbrellas in it./quote]
I made one, Scooter wouldn't drink it, SO I had to drink it
I'm on spring break too! 
I made one, Scooter wouldn't drink it, SO I had to drink it

- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
Scooter_in_Kindergarten wrote:All Scooter is missing is a nice tropical drink with one of those little umbrellas in it.
I made one, Scooter wouldn't drink it, SO I had to drink itI'm on spring break too!
Great answer!!

- critterguy
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 702
- Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
- Country:
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
Wow gorgeous!
I wonder if the gland partially regenerated or something? Seems the operation had no lasting effects-no eyedrops required after the first few weeks?
I wonder if the gland partially regenerated or something? Seems the operation had no lasting effects-no eyedrops required after the first few weeks?
- Scooter_in_Kindergarten
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 152
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
- Country:
- Location: Central Florida
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
I still have to put on an 'ocular lubricant' - its just a gel that even you or I could use which I bought over the counter - once a week or whenever the eye looks like it needs it.
But yeah, other than that I got really lucky. Scooter looks normal and is not the high maintenance skink I thought this surgery would cause her to become
yay!
Spring break is almost over though, so the umbrella drinks and basking will shortly be over.
It's back to school on Monday. 
But yeah, other than that I got really lucky. Scooter looks normal and is not the high maintenance skink I thought this surgery would cause her to become
Spring break is almost over though, so the umbrella drinks and basking will shortly be over.
It's back to school on Monday. 
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
Scooter_in_Kindergarten wrote:I still have to put on an 'ocular lubricant' - its just a gel that even you or I could use which I bought over the counter - once a week or whenever the eye looks like it needs it.
But yeah, other than that I got really lucky. Scooter looks normal and is not the high maintenance skink I thought this surgery would cause her to becomeyay!
Spring break is almost over though, so the umbrella drinks and basking will shortly be over.It's back to school on Monday.
I remember when he got his surgery there was something about substrate usage post surgery. Can you keep him on normal substrate again or will he be on papertowels for the rest of his life?
Cay T.
- Scooter_in_Kindergarten
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 152
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
- Country:
- Location: Central Florida
Re: Scooter on Spring Break
I've tried to put her in care fresh and alpine chips since the surgery, and within a few hours there was dust and particles built up on her eye.
So I think Scooter is just going to have to live on towels and paper towels.
Unless you have any other suggestions?
I've considered cutting up a few towels into small squares, and throwing them in the wash to get excess dust or fabric particles off. What do you think?
Unless you have any other suggestions?
I've considered cutting up a few towels into small squares, and throwing them in the wash to get excess dust or fabric particles off. What do you think?
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 176 guests
