Sterilizing a used tank
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
ezraperson18
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 14
- Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:22 am
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Sterilizing a used tank
So I purchased my Merauke BTS a few weeks ago and I just purchased a used 125 gallon tank for him to move him out of the cramped 40 gallon tank he is currently in. The tank is in good condition but was not cleaned out before I purchased it. It used to house a python and I need to clean it out and sterilize it so it's safe to move my skink into. Is the a certain cleaning agent that it safe to use. I'm hesitant about bleach because I think it will really not be good for him. If anybody has had a similar experience I would love to know how to make his new home clean and safe!
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Sterilizing a used tank
I use bleach. Then water to rinse a couple times. I love bleach
There are other people here who use super-chemicals that sound nice too.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 133 guests
