Page 1 of 1

Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:26 pm
by WanderingChai
Ok, I'm going to start off saying this: It's basically illegal to post an update thread w/o pictures- and yet I am. Sorry!

Tea Cup seems to be going on a growth spurt(YESSS)! She's on her second shed within 3 weeks. Maybe she'll beef up a bit after all? :lol: Her colors are looking more and more gorgeous! She is no longer so dark- and now a more yellow/orange/greenish color. Her eyes are just GORGEOUS(as always) and shiny as ever.
She has a little case of the dry belly scales, and I'm planning to try out a new substrate and re-do her tank to more of a jungle theme. I'm planning to use Eco Earth, but dry. It seems fairly burrow-friendly and is definitely not dusty. It's basically dirt.

I've been feeding once or twice a week, and she's at a good weight.

To celebrate the 60 degree weather in NY, Tea Cup got the first earthworms of the season! Her feast today included:
1 whole egg(straight from our coop!), scrambled
Green pepper
Kale
Carrot
Earthworms
Some other green(I forget!!)

She LOVED it, and was VERY happy to have live prey again.

I'd say in general, she is very healthy and very... Very... Very slowly growing!! :roll:

Question- Is it good/okay to sprinkle some crushed egg shell on her food as an extra source of calcium? Again, out eggs are 100% from our coop and happy hens.

NOTE: Be extremely careful about picking non-quarantined live food sources. I know that the worms were OK because they were 20+ft from our house, from our manure-fertilized garden that we have NEVER used ANY chemicals or pesticides in for the past 5 years. If you're not 110% sure if there is any chemicals, don't feed.

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:28 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Pictures or it didn't happen :nono:

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:36 pm
by StaceyLeigh
Sounds like she is doing great! I use crushed egg shell on our BTS food a couple times a month to supplement. I bake the egg shells in the oven 1st (about 350 degrees for 45 min.) then pulverized them with the magic bullet! I am so looking forward to the warmer temps here this week ( I am in CNY). Hoping to get our two outside for some sunshine!

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:41 pm
by Katrina
Glad to hear Teacup is doing so well!! :D Sounds like a great meal.

I do the same as StaceyLeigh for egg shell. It is a good supplement, I try to switch it between Calcium + D3 powder and finely crushed egg shell.

You're right. It is basically illegal to post an update without pictures. Especially when you go into great detail describing how beautiful she is! :nono:

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:49 am
by WanderingChai
Sorry guys! I'll try to get up some pics today(On my to-do list!)!

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:30 am
by Nae
No pictures = I dont care.

:lol: Its about time she started growing!! But than again, her name rather suits her~

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:08 am
by WanderingChai
I know! She's old! Well... Turning 2 y.o. in April.

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:50 am
by WanderingChai
Hey guys- I need help.

So, Tea Cup has an overbite. Today i noticed that she had some kind of squishy brownish thing in the tiny space inbetween her bottom jaw and the top. I tried to wipe it off, but won't. I'm at school now, but I'll try to get a better look at it tonight.

My first instinct was "GET IT OFF", and my second was "VET". Like most people however, money isn't unlimited, and I would like to know if it something of a huge concern. If it could grow, I'd want to catch it as early as possible. SO if a vet visit is necessary, I'll take her to Cornell.

Would you need pics? I think it would be difficult, but I could try...

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:50 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Pics plz.
It could go away with a shed though...

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:28 pm
by WanderingChai
I'll try.
I tried to get a better look at it, but it was nearly impossible. It's VERY small. I don't think I'll call a vet visit just yet- It could just be food or dirt. I can't seem to get it off without her trying to bite me. :oops: I don't like scares like this...

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:31 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Pictures or id didn't happen...

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:35 pm
by WanderingChai
I could TRY, but it's so small I'm really not sure if it would show up on photos, or if I could get her in the position. She was very huffy and constantly trying to bite, and I didn't want to put her upside down(on her back).

I can try to take pics tomorrow.

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:46 pm
by SFBlueTongue81
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Pictures or it didn't happen :nono:

I lol'd

Glad to hear Tea Cup is doing better!

Re: Update on little Tea Cup

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:06 pm
by WanderingChai
Thanks. :D