Page 1 of 1

Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:56 pm
by James Wilson
I can't remember if I posted this old photo before, but I came across it while going through old photos, and I thought some of you might like it. This male Eastern Common BTS (Tiliqua scincoides scincoides) was being introduced to a female that turned out to be unrecptive. Unfortunately, the male did not care, and when I stepped inbetween to stop his advances, he figured my shoe wound suit his needs just as well. He tried to breed my shoe with great determination, and when I pick my foot up, he did not care. He was not letting go for anything. Looks like Jeff is right. I am mean...

Eastern-angry.jpg

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 pm
by Richard.C
haha,nice shot james
feisty eastern,nice looking specimen to

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:00 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
If you have any merauke pictures don't be afraid to PM them to me ;)
Nice eyebands :)

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:01 pm
by Jeff
And very stylish too. Nice sandals James!

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:02 pm
by Jeff
I would love to have access to that skink now though. :cry:

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:03 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
:hehe:

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:04 pm
by Katrina
That's a great pic! :lol:

Very nice looking specimen.

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:10 pm
by James Wilson
Jeff wrote:And very stylish too. Nice sandals James!


Thank you Jeff, I knew you would like them. What can I say? I guess I am a footware fashion Icon...

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:18 pm
by James Wilson
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:If you have any merauke pictures don't be afraid to PM them to me ;)
Nice eyebands :)


Tell you what, I will post some in a new thread titled: "Various Merauke BTS Photos".

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:19 pm
by Katrina
James Wilson wrote:Tell you what, I will post some in a new thread titled: "Various Merauke BTS Photos".


I LOVE that idea!! Thanks James!

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:19 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You would do that for me?
:jawdrop:

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 am
by Richard.C
toey er than a roman sandal that eastern,lol

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:53 am
by WanderingChai
CUTEST PIC!! It is just TOO adorable. :ohyes:

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:07 am
by Alioop
Jeff wrote:I would love to have access to that skink now though. :cry:

I'm thinking the same thing! What came of this guy? Did he just get old and pass on?

My big eastern male was about this determined this year as well, they are feisty little beasts!

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:10 pm
by James Wilson
Alioop wrote:What came of this guy? Did he just get old and pass on?


Not sure, The skink was actually a friends, or at least someone I thought was a friend. He collected a lot of BTS and other reptiles, but he turned out to be a pretty bad guy, and it got to the point where I had to stop associating with him as a result. It was a shame, beccause so many really cool reptiles, including some very rare BTS, either died from neglect. Many others lived their entire lives in a tank and were never bred simply because he was often not willing to sell them or do breeding loans. This young male Eastern was a perfect example of one of these wasted opportunities. Maybe some time I will talk more about the situation. Unfortunately, his name is the same as one of the best guys on this forum or the entire BTS world for that matter. I just do not want to ever have people get these two completely different individuals confussed. I will provide some photos of of a couple of the skinks I was able to help toward the end. The cases pictured here were nothing compared to many of the other things I ended up seeing, and in the end, he left me no other choice but to involve the Humane Society.

Bad skink tail.JPG


Broken tail regenerated.JPG


This Skinks tail loss was not due to a cage mate or handling accident. It was cooked off from an extreem overheating situation where the skink put his entire body up the corner of the tank while his tail remained on the tank bottom and literally cooked resulting in its loss.
Broken tail 2.JPG


Broken tail 3.JPG


Broken tail 4.JPG


Broken tail 5.JPG

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:33 pm
by Alioop
Oh my god, James!! Sounds absolutely horrific! No doubt you did the right thing involving the authorities, I only hope they were able to actually have some effect there.

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:06 pm
by James Wilson
This person stopped keeping reptiles after the Humane society steped in, so yes, a huge impact was made, and many reptiles went to new homes. This is why I am not aware of where many of the BTS he once had are today. After I involved the authorities, he was not feeling very friendly toward me.

Re: Angry Eastern

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:14 pm
by Karen
I can't even imagine how hot it must have been to cook the tail off that poor skink. Sickening, but at least you were able to help put a stop to it.