Page 1 of 1

The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:20 pm
by Coomassie
It is finally here! I'm waiting around for my sister's baby shower cake to finish baking and Coomassie was awake so here we are! I've had him for about a year and a half. When I brought him home, he was a tiny speed bump. He is now a whopping 23 inches long and 646 grams. He is definitely a male Northern. He is rather adventurous and quite the cuddler. He and my husband often spend quality time together on Sunday morning. In the year and a half I have owned him, he has always been in perfect health. He did start having some problems this winter with rough belly scales so I switched him from Aspen bedding to Cyprus mulch and the problem has since cleared, never had any problems shedding. His nails get a little long but he doesn't mind having them cut. I wish I had more to say but I don't. He eats, he sleeps (a lot), he comes out a few times a week to romp around our bedroom.

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:52 pm
by Katrina
Beautiful! He looks just gorgeous, a shiny picture of health. He is really striking too - gorgeous colors on him.

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:59 pm
by Fatal_S
He has one of the most handsome faces I've seen :) He could be a poster-skink.

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:11 pm
by lemon1
He is so cute . He has a big tail

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:41 pm
by WanderingChai
gorgeous!! :drool:

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:45 pm
by critterguy
Do you know anything on his parentage? He's sure pretty!

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:27 pm
by StaceyLeigh
Such a cute Bluey face! :cloud9: Great pattern!

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:11 pm
by Kbell31
So shiny! The contrast between the body and tail is really noticable, maybe just the pic?

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:12 am
by Coomassie
critterguy wrote:Do you know anything on his parentage? He's sure pretty!


No, he came from a pet store that specializes in fish and reptiles. They didnt even know the species but they could tell me he was cbb and he came from california.

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:13 pm
by critterguy
I love his staggered back pattern too. Seriously consider allowing this guy to contribute to the next generation of Northerns in the US.

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:25 pm
by Richard.C
hes looking great,and is a handsome specimen

Re: The Long Awaited Coomassie Update

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:27 am
by Coomassie
critterguy wrote:I love his staggered back pattern too. Seriously consider allowing this guy to contribute to the next generation of Northerns in the US.


I would be more than happy to stud him out but I won't breed myself. I just don't have the time, money, or space. Grad school has that problem. I'm also terrified to breed BTS. It looks violent.