Page 1 of 3
More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:40 pm
by phaemas
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:54 pm
by bella3
Wow so cute! are they both yours?? Ur sister looks like she was having fun

Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:57 pm
by phaemas
Ya their both mine! And she was! She loves my skinks! It's a treat for her to see them and a rarity to hold them on her own.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 pm
by Katrina
Very cute!!

If Marvin is sick, I wouldn't handle her at all - just leave her be to get better.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:40 pm
by Fatal_S
What happened to Marvin's back? Please don't tell me you let Serina try breeding her... Looking at Marvin just makes me want to cry.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:45 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Geez, what the heck happened to Marvin's face?
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:48 pm
by Katrina
I didn't enlarge the pics, so didn't see the back... good question Mel, what happened to Marvin's back?
Marvin does look sick, so definitely shouldn't be handled and stressed. I'd leave her alone except to feed, change water, give meds and clean. Marvin looks quite large, I'm not sure why you are trying to add weight but I wouldn't bother. Just feed healthy meals once or twice a week and don't bother with kitten food or anything else that might help with weight gain. It isn't needed.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 pm
by phaemas
the vet reccomened feeding high fat foods because she lost ALOT of weight in two weeks. For her snout she rubbed it raw then scratched the scab off on a tile. Her back she had some kind of dry infection and it's just healing.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:00 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
A dry infection? And there is also blood /scabs around the eyes.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:01 pm
by Fatal_S
Looking at Marvin really does make me want to cry. Has she seen a reptile vet yet? If you still can't get her the vet care she needs send me a PM. I have no idea where I'd QT a rescue but I have money for vet care and I can't stand to see her looking so wretched.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:01 pm
by Katrina
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:A dry infection? And there is also blood /scabs around the eyes.
The eyes look the same as the weird gigas thing that Nemo had and Riff-Raff has. No idea about the dry infection, I've never seen or heard of something like that.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:05 pm
by El Lobo
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:18 pm
by phaemas
Her eyes are finnaly starting to heal after a month on anti-biotics. Not sure why they were like that one day they were just sealed shut.
But I had fun with these pictures!
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:24 pm
by Fatal_S
I'll take that as a no on my offer to take her to a proper vet. Let me know if you change your mind. That poor, poor beautiful skink

Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:31 pm
by Katrina
phaemas wrote:Her eyes are finnaly starting to heal after a month on anti-biotics. Not sure why they were like that one day they were just sealed shut.
But I had fun with these pictures!
Phaemas - did you read this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20085It sounds like Marvin has the same thing. Which is really serious. Susann and I both had BTS
die from this. I don't think that Marvin is suddenly healthy, you need to treat her like she is a very sick skink. She shouldn't be handled or stressed more than absolutely necessary and be very, very careful to keep her separate from Serina. You don't want to pass anything on to Serina. She should see that reptile vet - I will let you know if the antiviral has any positive results and if it does you vet can contact mine to discuss.
Please treat this very seriously. Marvin shouldn't be handled by your little sister or out for photo shoots. I am really worried about her.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:47 pm
by phaemas
Sorry mel, I just don't think i can forgive myself if i give her away. I don't like the idea of passing my problem off on someone else...
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:49 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
phaemas wrote:Sorry mel, I just don't think i can forgive myself if i give her away.
Forgive yourself for what?
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:55 pm
by Katrina
phaemas wrote:Sorry mel, I just don't think i can forgive myself if i give her away. I don't like the idea of passing my problem off on someone else...
That's understandable - it would be tough to give her up. Remember that you have to do what is best for Marvin. I'll let you know if anything we try with Riff-Raff works and in the meantime keep following your vets instructions and keep the stress and handling to a minimum (and save up your money to take her to that other vet if necessary).
And as tough as it would be to give her up, if you can't provide the care she needs then remember that you have to do what is right for her not just what is easiest for you. So keep Mel's generous offer in mind, if it is the best thing for Marvin then you probably should do it.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:21 pm
by phaemas
Thanks Kat. I will. I'm going to bug my parents to call the person that owes me money and get them to pay me. it's been over 6 months i'm sure and i want my money.
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:48 pm
by Fatal_S
Try forgiving yourself for killing a beloved pet through ignorance and stupidity. I don't say that to be mean but from personal experience. I lost too many skinks when I made stupid choices or tried to deny how serious the pronlems were. They'll haunt me for the rest of my life and I'll never forgive myself. It's a terrible feeling. Don't be as stupid as I was. Now I'll move heaven and Earth to keep my skinks safe. There are some very inpiring people on this forum who I've learned from.