We had alot of fun (me and my little sis) during these pics! She's in LOVE with my skinks! Comments?!
More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- phaemas
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
- Country:
- Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Wow so cute! are they both yours?? Ur sister looks like she was having fun 
- phaemas
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
- Country:
- Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Ya their both mine! And she was! She loves my skinks! It's a treat for her to see them and a rarity to hold them on her own.
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Very cute!! 
If Marvin is sick, I wouldn't handle her at all - just leave her be to get better.
If Marvin is sick, I wouldn't handle her at all - just leave her be to get better.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
What happened to Marvin's back? Please don't tell me you let Serina try breeding her... Looking at Marvin just makes me want to cry.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Geez, what the heck happened to Marvin's face?
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
I didn't enlarge the pics, so didn't see the back... good question Mel, what happened to Marvin's back?
Marvin does look sick, so definitely shouldn't be handled and stressed. I'd leave her alone except to feed, change water, give meds and clean. Marvin looks quite large, I'm not sure why you are trying to add weight but I wouldn't bother. Just feed healthy meals once or twice a week and don't bother with kitten food or anything else that might help with weight gain. It isn't needed.
Marvin does look sick, so definitely shouldn't be handled and stressed. I'd leave her alone except to feed, change water, give meds and clean. Marvin looks quite large, I'm not sure why you are trying to add weight but I wouldn't bother. Just feed healthy meals once or twice a week and don't bother with kitten food or anything else that might help with weight gain. It isn't needed.
- phaemas
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
- Country:
- Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
the vet reccomened feeding high fat foods because she lost ALOT of weight in two weeks. For her snout she rubbed it raw then scratched the scab off on a tile. Her back she had some kind of dry infection and it's just healing.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
A dry infection? And there is also blood /scabs around the eyes.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Looking at Marvin really does make me want to cry. Has she seen a reptile vet yet? If you still can't get her the vet care she needs send me a PM. I have no idea where I'd QT a rescue but I have money for vet care and I can't stand to see her looking so wretched.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:A dry infection? And there is also blood /scabs around the eyes.
The eyes look the same as the weird gigas thing that Nemo had and Riff-Raff has. No idea about the dry infection, I've never seen or heard of something like that.
- El Lobo
- The Blotched Brigade

- Posts: 3405
- Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
- Country:
- Location: Blue Mountains Australia
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
- phaemas
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
- Country:
- Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Her eyes are finnaly starting to heal after a month on anti-biotics. Not sure why they were like that one day they were just sealed shut.
But I had fun with these pictures!
But I had fun with these pictures!
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
I'll take that as a no on my offer to take her to a proper vet. Let me know if you change your mind. That poor, poor beautiful skink 
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
phaemas wrote:Her eyes are finnaly starting to heal after a month on anti-biotics. Not sure why they were like that one day they were just sealed shut.
But I had fun with these pictures!
Phaemas - did you read this thread? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20085
It sounds like Marvin has the same thing. Which is really serious. Susann and I both had BTS die from this. I don't think that Marvin is suddenly healthy, you need to treat her like she is a very sick skink. She shouldn't be handled or stressed more than absolutely necessary and be very, very careful to keep her separate from Serina. You don't want to pass anything on to Serina. She should see that reptile vet - I will let you know if the antiviral has any positive results and if it does you vet can contact mine to discuss.
Please treat this very seriously. Marvin shouldn't be handled by your little sister or out for photo shoots. I am really worried about her.
- phaemas
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
- Country:
- Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Sorry mel, I just don't think i can forgive myself if i give her away. I don't like the idea of passing my problem off on someone else...
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
phaemas wrote:Sorry mel, I just don't think i can forgive myself if i give her away.
Forgive yourself for what?
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
phaemas wrote:Sorry mel, I just don't think i can forgive myself if i give her away. I don't like the idea of passing my problem off on someone else...
That's understandable - it would be tough to give her up. Remember that you have to do what is best for Marvin. I'll let you know if anything we try with Riff-Raff works and in the meantime keep following your vets instructions and keep the stress and handling to a minimum (and save up your money to take her to that other vet if necessary).
And as tough as it would be to give her up, if you can't provide the care she needs then remember that you have to do what is right for her not just what is easiest for you. So keep Mel's generous offer in mind, if it is the best thing for Marvin then you probably should do it.
- phaemas
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
- Country:
- Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Thanks Kat. I will. I'm going to bug my parents to call the person that owes me money and get them to pay me. it's been over 6 months i'm sure and i want my money.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: More bluey &young bluey fan pics!
Try forgiving yourself for killing a beloved pet through ignorance and stupidity. I don't say that to be mean but from personal experience. I lost too many skinks when I made stupid choices or tried to deny how serious the pronlems were. They'll haunt me for the rest of my life and I'll never forgive myself. It's a terrible feeling. Don't be as stupid as I was. Now I'll move heaven and Earth to keep my skinks safe. There are some very inpiring people on this forum who I've learned from.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 278 guests
