Page 1 of 1
Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:01 am
by James Wilson
My Northerns are finally breeding. The female (Shela) is the same female that I had bred last year. I have other younger animals that I suspect are female, but do not want to breed them too early). The male is a 2010 Skink from Jeff named Outback, and it is his first year to breed. He was a bit confused at first, but he is starting to get it all figured out now. He has the brightest orange color on him that I have ever seen, and I think he will make some nice babies with Shela. Thanks Jeff!
DSC05749.JPG
DSC05752.JPG
DSC05753.JPG
DSC05754.JPG
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:12 am
by critterguy
Outback is looking good!
That bub I got from you last year is a pretty close match for her mom!
I've had some luck with my male Billy as well. 3 matings 2 females. He's got a really peachy coloration to him.
Take it Walkabout is not seeing any action?
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:27 am
by Richard.C
looking good james,lovely looking pr to
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:18 am
by Katrina
Great looking pair, there will be some gorgeous babies!
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:46 am
by StaceyLeigh
2 gorgeous looking adults, can't wait to see the little ones. I am sure they will be stunning!
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 pm
by Kbell31
I LOL when I looked at the second picture. That face on the female like "Geez, is it over yet?!!! Haha, it was kinda familiar.....

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 pm
by James Wilson
I got a quick photo of them yesterday going at it for their 5th time. They had a go at it for their 6th time today as well, but I was not able to get the camera.
DSC05785.JPG
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:49 pm
by Katrina
Congrats, they are gorgeous!!

6 matings is great, should be some very nice looking babies.
Her back doesn't look to badly chewed up for 5 matings, the male must be very efficient. I'm jealous, wish he was at my house 3-4 weeks ago!
I'm sure Richard will be concerned about the carpet burn.

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:50 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
How many pairs do you have?
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:06 pm
by James Wilson
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:How many pairs do you have?
Not sure yet. As many here know, I took a break for a few years from keeping any reptiles (aside from the ones that lived in my yard here and in Hawaii), and I have only just recently (2010) started keeping BTS again thanks to Jeff and Andrew. I currently have 7 Northerns. I know that out of that the group of seven, I have a reverse trio (2.1) that are sexually mature. But the other 4 are still a bit too young to be 100% sure of their sex. That being said, out of that remaining 4, they look to be a group of 2.2. So I may end up being a little male heavy, but not too bad in the end.
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:51 pm
by Jeff
sounds like we both need to keep some babies long enough to sex them this year. I would love to trade a female for the right male if you know what I mean.

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:06 pm
by kl
That orange Northern is beautiful.
Kim
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:13 pm
by James Wilson
kl wrote:That orange Northern is beautiful. Kim
Thank you kim, I have Jeff to thank for that guy. Thanks again Jeff! Here is another photo of him playing in the sand crabs at the beach.
DSC05220.5.JPG
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:15 pm
by James Wilson
Jeff wrote:sounds like we both need to keep some babies long enough to sex them this year. I would love to trade a female for the right male if you know what I mean.

Jeff, NO trades! You get whatever you like from whatever I produce. That's the deal.
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:17 pm
by Karen
Beautiful animals. I'll have my work cut out for me figuring out who to buy from this baby season.
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:37 pm
by James Wilson
Karen wrote:Beautiful animals. I'll have my work cut out for me figuring out who to buy from this baby season.
Thank you Karen!
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:12 am
by Richard.C
karen get one from each of them,lol,that female looks quite sizable james,its head looks bigger than the males in the pics
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:21 pm
by Karen
Richard.C wrote:karen get one from each of them,lol,that female looks quite sizable james,its head looks bigger than the males in the pics
Gah, don't put any ideas in my head.
I wish both of them good luck though!
Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 pm
by Richard.C
lol,yes,watch out for carpet burn