Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby James Wilson » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:01 am

My Northerns are finally breeding. The female (Shela) is the same female that I had bred last year. I have other younger animals that I suspect are female, but do not want to breed them too early). The male is a 2010 Skink from Jeff named Outback, and it is his first year to breed. He was a bit confused at first, but he is starting to get it all figured out now. He has the brightest orange color on him that I have ever seen, and I think he will make some nice babies with Shela. Thanks Jeff!

DSC05749.JPG

DSC05752.JPG

DSC05753.JPG

DSC05754.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by James Wilson on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
James Wilson
User avatar
critterguy
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
Country:

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby critterguy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:12 am

Outback is looking good!

That bub I got from you last year is a pretty close match for her mom!

I've had some luck with my male Billy as well. 3 matings 2 females. He's got a really peachy coloration to him.

Take it Walkabout is not seeing any action?
Last edited by critterguy on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby Richard.C » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:27 am

looking good james,lovely looking pr to
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby Katrina » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:18 am

Great looking pair, there will be some gorgeous babies!
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby StaceyLeigh » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:46 am

2 gorgeous looking adults, can't wait to see the little ones. I am sure they will be stunning!
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby Kbell31 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 pm

I LOL when I looked at the second picture. That face on the female like "Geez, is it over yet?!!! Haha, it was kinda familiar..... :rofl:
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby James Wilson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 pm

I got a quick photo of them yesterday going at it for their 5th time. They had a go at it for their 6th time today as well, but I was not able to get the camera.

DSC05785.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Wilson
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby Katrina » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Congrats, they are gorgeous!! :D 6 matings is great, should be some very nice looking babies.

Her back doesn't look to badly chewed up for 5 matings, the male must be very efficient. I'm jealous, wish he was at my house 3-4 weeks ago!

I'm sure Richard will be concerned about the carpet burn. :lol:
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:50 pm

How many pairs do you have?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby James Wilson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:06 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:How many pairs do you have?



Not sure yet. As many here know, I took a break for a few years from keeping any reptiles (aside from the ones that lived in my yard here and in Hawaii), and I have only just recently (2010) started keeping BTS again thanks to Jeff and Andrew. I currently have 7 Northerns. I know that out of that the group of seven, I have a reverse trio (2.1) that are sexually mature. But the other 4 are still a bit too young to be 100% sure of their sex. That being said, out of that remaining 4, they look to be a group of 2.2. So I may end up being a little male heavy, but not too bad in the end.
James Wilson
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby Jeff » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:51 pm

sounds like we both need to keep some babies long enough to sex them this year. I would love to trade a female for the right male if you know what I mean. :edward:
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
kl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:37 pm
Country:
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby kl » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:06 pm

That orange Northern is beautiful.

Kim
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby James Wilson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:13 pm

kl wrote:That orange Northern is beautiful. Kim


Thank you kim, I have Jeff to thank for that guy. Thanks again Jeff! Here is another photo of him playing in the sand crabs at the beach.

DSC05220.5.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Wilson
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby James Wilson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Jeff wrote:sounds like we both need to keep some babies long enough to sex them this year. I would love to trade a female for the right male if you know what I mean. :edward:


Jeff, NO trades! You get whatever you like from whatever I produce. That's the deal.
James Wilson
User avatar
Karen
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
Country: USA

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby Karen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Beautiful animals. I'll have my work cut out for me figuring out who to buy from this baby season.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby James Wilson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Karen wrote:Beautiful animals. I'll have my work cut out for me figuring out who to buy from this baby season.


Thank you Karen!
James Wilson
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby Richard.C » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:12 am

karen get one from each of them,lol,that female looks quite sizable james,its head looks bigger than the males in the pics
User avatar
Karen
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
Country: USA

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby Karen » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Richard.C wrote:karen get one from each of them,lol,that female looks quite sizable james,its head looks bigger than the males in the pics


Gah, don't put any ideas in my head. :doh:

I wish both of them good luck though!
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Northern BTS courtship and copulation photos

Postby Richard.C » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 pm

lol,yes,watch out for carpet burn

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 188 guests