New BTS owner!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
DevDomSki

New BTS owner!

Postby DevDomSki » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 am

Hello all. My name is Devin and I am from New Orleans. I recently purchased a BTS from a local pet shop that I have been going to for about 5 years now. I don't know if it is a male or a female yet, nor do I know exactly what kind of skink it is. I was wondering if someone could ID him/her for me.

Image

Sorry about the picture quality. He (I'm just going to say "he" until I find out the sex) is very shy right now, and I have just been letting him be as he gets used to me and his new terrarium. I will post new pics after a while when he calms down.

I am happy to be a part of this forum, and look forward to sharing more pics/stories with everyone.

Oh and this is Carcillo (He doesn't know about the BTS yet) :wink:

Image
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby Richard.C » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:16 am

i cant see its snout in the pic,its a tiliqua gigas,nice looking specimen to,my guess is male,but thats just a guess
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby Richard.C » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:17 am

welcome to the forum to by the way,nice inland beardy to
DevDomSki

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby DevDomSki » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:21 am

Thanks for the reply. I will post more pics soon. Whenever he sees me he gives a short hiss and runs into his hide. I have only had him for about 5 days. Hopefully he will start getting used to me soon.
DevDomSki

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby DevDomSki » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:37 am

I just pulled up this thread on my iPad and the right side of the picture is cut out. I am not sure why that is, it was fine on my laptop. Anywho, I'll take some better pictures today! Then maybe I'll actually get responses when people can see what he looks like! Lol sorry!
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby Fatal_S » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:57 am

Looks like a little Indo BTS. Very cute. Hopefully you're a patient person; Indos tend to be harder to tame. Cute beardie.
DevDomSki

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby DevDomSki » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:32 am

Ok I took some more pics of the baby just a few minutes ago. Taken with my iPhone so still not great quality, but better then that first pic.

063.JPG


037.JPG


036.JPG


072.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby StaceyLeigh » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:44 am

Very tiny, and cute! Good luck in taming him/her.
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby Jeff » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:38 am

Nice looking indo. Congratulations, and welcome to the forum!

DevDomSki wrote:I just pulled up this thread on my iPad and the right side of the picture is cut out. I am not sure why that is, it was fine on my laptop....


Thank you for posting that! I have the exact same issue when I use my iPad or iPhone! I thought I was the only one. Katrina seems to have an idea about why the site does that when viewed on some devices. I think it is something that can be fixed.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby Kbell31 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:23 pm

I love the shiny black legs on Indos
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
DevDomSki

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby DevDomSki » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks for the replys! Is it really hard to tame Indo's? Anyone have any pointers or suggestions?
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 pm

I would think it would be easier since you have a baby.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby Katrina » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Welcome!! :D

I know there is some weird forum issues with iPhone / iPad compatibility, it isn't easy to trouble shoot. There is no mention of any of these problems for phpBB3 so thus far it isn't an easy fix. Does anyone have issues with using other smart phones, or just iPhones?
User avatar
batsam
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby batsam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:17 pm

looove your little indo! would have been sweet to see mine at this age :)
Grimm was a little saucy when he first came to me, and we both weren't sure of each other, but it didn't take long, because I had him in my arms as much as i could! now he's a wonderful friend and my whole family love him! even my mother who doesn't like snakes and reptiles of the sort. Handle him lots and he should be more than fine :)
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby WanderingChai » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Adorable little bugger.

Target training might be of use, it helped me improve my relationship with my skinker.
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
DevDomSki

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby DevDomSki » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Ty!
DevDomSki

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby DevDomSki » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:56 am

I see that the picture of my beardie was removed. Is posting pictures of different reptiles not allowed? If so i am sorry. I read the rules and did not see anything in there about that. Was just trying to introduce myself and my reptiles.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby Nae » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:23 am

It must be your computer, as its showing up here? I dont see why your picture would be removed, as Im pretty darn sure its not against the rules. Even if this thread was 100% about your beardie, it would have been moved to the off topic, not deleted.

Both are very cute little critters :D
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby Nae » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:26 am

Katrina wrote:Welcome!! :D

I know there is some weird forum issues with iPhone / iPad compatibility, it isn't easy to trouble shoot. There is no mention of any of these problems for phpBB3 so thus far it isn't an easy fix. Does anyone have issues with using other smart phones, or just iPhones?


On my psp, the banner goes off the screen and the forum itself is messed up, but the threads themselves and the pictures within them show up perfectly. But psp users are probably a major minority on here, so whatever I say doesnt matter :lol:
DevDomSki

Re: New BTS owner!

Postby DevDomSki » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:16 am

Lol yea it must have been my iPad again because I see it now! Was weird because I could see all of the other pics, but where the beardie pic was it just said "image". Guess it's just an issue with Apple devices!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 250 guests