Its about time!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Its about time!

Postby Nae » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:18 am

Everybody, meet the pudge meister.
The pudge meister, everybody.

Am I a proper member now? Am I? Am I? :lol:

Image

Hes just...Perfect! And oh so tiny reaching it at only about 5-6 inches!

Picked him up off of Gary Davies from West Aussie Reptiles in Perth, very happy :D I had initially given up on getting a bts this year as everyone who was going to have one available only had them at a time I was unable to make the trip to Perth. Only for Gary to contact me out of the blue saying he had one available AND would be able to deliver! Massive thanks to Acanthurus for giving me advice in regards to the license, as I didnt actually have on at the time and needed it in a week - I rung CALM up Monday morning, had my license by lunch! Very awesome.

But then! I get a call saying that Gary just realised that I wanted a baby, but what was available was an adult. Willing to wait, I decided to put it off until he had a baby available. Cue email about a month later, this time a baby was available! I waited about a week, 2 maybe? And once again, Gary was able to deliver. But of course, the time he would be in town was when I was at work. And thats where my mum was incredibly awesome, and picked him up for me! (You would not believe how sneaky one has to be to text people and organise things whilst working at a supermarket checkout!)

Ill be sure to get some better pics later, Im so scared when I hold him, hes just so fragile feeling! But hes quite friendly, even mum was able to hold him. But when he does try to intimidate someone, its utterly hilarious. And his little tongue :love:

Now, what to name him.... Im thinking Zeke after a dinosaur on a show I used to love when I was little (And think I love even more now that I actually understand it!)
User avatar
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott
Posts: 4362
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
Country:
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Re: Its about time!

Postby Scotts1au » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:22 am

Congrats looks like a perfect little specimen :-)
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Its about time!

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:57 am

:banana: :welcome: :banana:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Its about time!

Postby Richard.C » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:29 am

nice one nae,love how little there tail looks as youngsters,nice looking specimen to
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Re: Its about time!

Postby WanderingChai » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:41 am

FINALLY!!! :D Gorgeous!! I'm jealous... :roll:
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Its about time!

Postby Katrina » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:57 am

:woo: Congrats Nae!!! He is so gorgeous!! And looks so tiny! Aww!

That is too funny, I'd forgotten you didn't have a bluey. And now we are all jealous!
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Its about time!

Postby Bird_Brain » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 am

Nae- I think your title pretty much says it all! lol

I have always loved centralians. Congrats!
Brad
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Its about time!

Postby Alioop » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 am

Congrats Nae!!! He's absolutely PERFECT. :lovestruck: I like the name Zeke quite a bit, too.

But no, I personally cannot grant you proper member status since you only posted one measly photo of the little one... and we all know that you're a PHOTOGRAPHER.

I better see that adorable little eye-banded face in some photo contest submissions!!!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: Its about time!

Postby Nae » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:10 am

Thanks everyone, hes absolutely lovely! And yup, Ive gone with Zeke, my sister wouldnt let me call him Elvis :lol:

Im sorry Ali! But hes so little, and the camera is so big and I didnt like scaring him! One day, he shall be the forums resident super model :wink:

Quick question. His light has been off for over an hour now, but he is still just sitting in the most exposed front corner of his tank, not even trying to hide, and not moving very much. He was exploring about his cage and me earlier, but is now just sitting there. Why? Its dark, why isnt he going to bed? Silly bubbi~ :lol:

I find it hilarious how much my mum has taken to him - Just earlier she was gushing over the phone about how cute he is to my Uncle!
User avatar
Karen
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
Country: USA

Re: Its about time!

Postby Karen » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:18 am

So chubby and adorable! Congratulations Nae!
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Its about time!

Postby Jeff » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:19 am

Congratulations Nae, he's beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: Its about time!

Postby StaceyLeigh » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:27 am

Oh, he looks so sweet! What a little butterball :cloud9: Congrats! Enjoy him/her! Sometimes waiting makes it that much sweeter.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: Its about time!

Postby Nae » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 am

I just grabbed this photo off my phone - Its the one that mum sent to me while I was at work, which made those final 4 hours go for soooo long...

Image

Keeping in mind my mum has rather small hands - He is so flippen tiny!
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Its about time!

Postby Katrina » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:09 am

Aw! So cute! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!! :D

Nice move. Going from no BTS to making the entire site jealous in one move. Very well played!
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Re: Its about time!

Postby WanderingChai » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 am

Ohmygod soooo tiny!!!!!!!!!! :drool: Someday I'll fly to Aus and steal him.

By the way, about your Q, he's probably just getting used to the light schedule. If there is another light on in the room, they may think it means it's still "daytime" for them. :D
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Its about time!

Postby Coomassie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 am

YAY!!!!! It is totally about time and he is soooo cute. You Aussies and your awesome skinkers....I'm so jealous.
Cay T.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Its about time!

Postby Richard.C » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:20 pm

nice pic on hand,shows how small it really is,u could easily have called it pudge meister to,as even the adults stay chubby as,has it peed on you yet,there one of the biggest pee on you type tiliquas,lol
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Its about time!

Postby Alioop » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Ooooh! OOOOH!!! SO TINY!!! Oh my god I would've left work IMMEDIATELY.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
El Lobo
The Blotched Brigade
The Blotched Brigade
Posts: 3405
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mountains Australia

Re: Its about time!

Postby El Lobo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Congratulations Nae.

Definitely worth the wait for one that good. :ohyes:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: Its about time!

Postby Nae » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Well, he spent the night in his corner, scared me half to death when I couldnt see him breathing/ moving in the morning x_x (I got up at 6 this morning just to see him! On my day off!!)

Image

Image

Image
Mmmmm, so waarrm.....


But! he started basking when I switched on the light, spent a while investigating his thermostats sensor thing AND! Thoroughly enjoyed his breakfast, veggies and all! I had left his food in there for a while and he didnt take interest, but mum was like "Hand feed him a bit!" So I did, and sure enough he took straight to it! But when I wasnt quick enough to give him the next bit (I was giving mum directions to my camera), he quickly hops of his rock and slides straight to his plate to resume eating! Such a good boy~

Image

Image


As much as I wanted a baby, I kind of cant wait until hes bigger and I can hold and pat him properly, haha!

His tongue! Unlike normal where it slides in and out, he flickers it around! So neat to watch :lol: Hes so small, I have to be so careful and gentle patting him, hahah!

Kat. thats how I roll ;)

Chai, I had a feeling that might have been the reason, but the spot hes in doesnt have the lights on at night, so Im not too sure~ I do recall that Cents come out at night when its still warm? Perhaps that was what he was doing and he just couldnt be bothered / got lost going to a hide? Who knows~

Richard, my mum refers to him primarily as pudgy, as only recently have I been able to work out how to pronounce centralian, so when I was explaining everything to her, it was "so what sort of lizard is it?" "The pudgy ones" "Oh right!" :lol: I did consider 'Pocchari' as a name, as it means chubby but in a beautiful/cute/attractive way in Japanese - Just like a cent! And no, havent been peed on yet!!

Trust me Ali, I would have if I could! But the fact that I was working on a public holiday (which equals an awesome pay) and the fact that him and his light setup alone is nearly $300 made me stay :lol: Im so glad my sister is sick and thus didnt have to go to netball training - Otherwise I would have had to have waited 8 hours to see him!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 361 guests