Page 1 of 1

Brumation length?

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:19 pm
by eegore
Eegore has been brumating since just after Thanksgiving. His weight is fine and I haven't even meesed with his temps (lights/heat off not colder than 60degrees). I have seen him out a few times but never for too long. Today he was out a good deal. My questions are:

1) Should I start with his lights/heat again and try to bring him out of it?
2) Just let him go until he wakes up on his own?

This is his first brumation and I don't know what I should do at the end of it... Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Brumation length?

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:54 pm
by Jeff
At this point I would gradually raise his temperatures and photo period back up to normal over the course of a week or two. At that point he will probably start to become more active. If he doesn't right away it is nothing to worry about. After the temperatures are back to normal for a few days, offer some food. There is a very good chance that he won't eat right away even if he is active. Again, that is nothing to worry about. Just offer food once a week until he starts eating. Of course make sure he has clean water available all the time.