My New Baby

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Little Wise Owl
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

My New Baby

Postby Little Wise Owl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:17 pm

I just got this 4 week (?) old yesterday. I'm very excited to have him/her. :) Just thought I'd share. I've wanted a BTS for a long time now and finally found one I really liked.

Image
Image
Image

His/her home
Image
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: My New Baby

Postby Katrina » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Beautiful little IJ!! :D Very cute little baby, definitely worth the wait. Congratulations!
Little Wise Owl
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: My New Baby

Postby Little Wise Owl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks :)

I want to take more photos but I don't want to bother him/her so soon. haha
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: My New Baby

Postby Kbell31 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:35 pm

nice skinker, tank looks good too!
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
Little Wise Owl
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: My New Baby

Postby Little Wise Owl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks :)

Oh, and I've named him/her "Po".
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: My New Baby

Postby StaceyLeigh » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:06 am

Very cute little skink, love the colors! Welcome to the forum.
Little Wise Owl
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: My New Baby

Postby Little Wise Owl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks :)

Got some more photos while Po was adventuring today.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: My New Baby

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:45 pm

I would recommend adding a piece of cork bark in the empty corner(In front of what appears to be a piece of drift wood).
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
Little Wise Owl
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: My New Baby

Postby Little Wise Owl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:48 pm

I'll be adding more decor/hides when I head to the reptile expo next weekend. S/he fits perfectly in the little white cave for now. S/he also enjoys sitting under the mossy burrows in the two opposite corners. Right now Po is stomping all over the place ruining all my hard work of making the place look pretty. :roll: haha
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: My New Baby

Postby Katrina » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Little Wise Owl wrote: Right now Po is stomping all over the place ruining all my hard work of making the place look pretty. :roll: haha


Yeah - if you want pretty pictures, plan to take them in the first 15 mins after cleaning. Otherwise they will destroy, poop or shed!
Little Wise Owl
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 am
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: My New Baby

Postby Little Wise Owl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Oh, I learned that when I got my Tegu, haha. I made her cage all pretty and as soon as she got to it, she upturned literally everything and made a ridiculous mess. lol
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: My New Baby

Postby Kbell31 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Something about the name "Po" just makes me smile.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 194 guests