Page 1 of 2

How do these look to you?-parent pics

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:43 pm
by Gail
I'm looking at a possible pair of Northerns, can you guys take a peak and let me know how they look to you? Thanks:)

EDIT: purchased, wait for shipping weather.

supposed male
Image

supposed female
Image

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:51 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Healthy condition.
Too young to guess sex.

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:26 pm
by critterguy
That is a nice looking of animals for a very good price-I thinki their is a good chance this will actually turn out to be a male and a female.(at least to me the top animal looks most likely male and the bottom one looks likely female)

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:34 pm
by NennaMeerkat
They look in really good condition. Scales look really healthy and the weight on them both is nice. Neither of those two have missed a meal! Hee hee

Good luck getting them!

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 pm
by Richard.C
look like 2 nice northerns to me,in great shape,nice coloring to,you can sex them when younger,its subtle,but with enough of them it is possable,but i wouldnt say 100 percent in all cases,there numbers in the advert are pretty close,and they look similar pattern wise and colors,so could possably be related,looks like a possable pr,to me though i think top one female,bottom male

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:05 pm
by Gail
Thanks for the opinions. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller, if she offers a live arrival guarantee, I will be getting getting these 2 tomorrow. I'll have to wait a bit for shipping though, its still cold here.
Even if they aren't a pair, that will be ok. I could always trade one later.

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:06 pm
by Katrina
They look great. Love the black on them! Post pics if you get them. :D

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:10 pm
by Kbell31
They look great by the picture. I have read positive things about Bonita Galas as well.

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:30 pm
by Gail
Thank you, I have been looking for info on Bonita. I am definitely getting them, sending paypal as soon as I get a confirmation on total price/shipping. It will be awhile but I promise pics once they get here.

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:44 am
by Scotts1au
unrelated - my butt. Anyway nice looking critters.

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 am
by Gail
Why would you say that? Their is no reason to believe the seller is being dishonest. I've purchased the little dears, now the waiting game begins.

Re: How do these look to you?- Purchased!

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:56 am
by critterguy
Richard: haha we are clearly in disagreement here! Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Re: How do these look to you?

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:35 pm
by Katrina
Gail wrote:Why would you say that? Their is no reason to believe the seller is being dishonest.


They look very, very similar. I was wondering if they were actually unrelated as well, but I'm not sure - some siblings look extremely different and some unrelated animals do look very similar, so I can't tell. Scott would have a better idea than me, he has seen way more siblings grow up... but you also have no reason not to trust the seller. Did you get pictures of the parents?

Re: How do these look to you?- Purchased!

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:46 pm
by Gail
I've asked for pictures of the parents. I'll let you know if I get any.

Re: How do these look to you?- Purchased!

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:29 pm
by Richard.C
lol critterguy,just a guesstimate,we could very well both be wrong,sexing from pics can be tricky

they may not be related,it says they are unrelated hold backs,i just thought it odd that there numbers were so close,they look great though so worth it anyways,they should grow to be a cpl of lookers i reckon,congrats on going for them,doubt they will dissapoint

Re: How do these look to you?- Purchased!

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:56 pm
by Gail
I'll get pictures in the next day or two, they have sick friend they are helping right now. She did tell me she has about 20 adult breeding pairs. She has really good feedback on BIO, I'm not worried about it at all but I'll post parent pics when I get them.

Re: How do these look to you?- Purchased!

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:44 pm
by Gail
I got pics of the parents.

males dad (I love this one)
Image
males mom
Image

Females dad
Image
females mom
Image

Re: How do these look to you?-parent pics

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:49 pm
by Spindown
wow that top picture of dad...thats a hot skink! yum!

Re: How do these look to you?-parent pics

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 am
by Katrina
Nice looking parents. :D It's great that they supplied pictures of them.

Re: How do these look to you?-parent pics

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:50 am
by Richard.C
wow,4 such different looking animals,all nice looking to,i guess they can look similar as bubs,and same litter bubs can look nothing alike,be interesting to see how the 2 lil tykes develop