How do these look to you?-parent pics

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Gail
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 am
Country:

How do these look to you?-parent pics

Postby Gail » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm looking at a possible pair of Northerns, can you guys take a peak and let me know how they look to you? Thanks:)

EDIT: purchased, wait for shipping weather.

supposed male
Image

supposed female
Image
Last edited by Gail on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1.1 Northerns, Cyanide and Happiness
0.1 Indo, Pepper
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Healthy condition.
Too young to guess sex.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
critterguy
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
Country:

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby critterguy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:26 pm

That is a nice looking of animals for a very good price-I thinki their is a good chance this will actually turn out to be a male and a female.(at least to me the top animal looks most likely male and the bottom one looks likely female)
User avatar
NennaMeerkat
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
Country:
Location: Fort Worth Texas

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby NennaMeerkat » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:34 pm

They look in really good condition. Scales look really healthy and the weight on them both is nice. Neither of those two have missed a meal! Hee hee

Good luck getting them!
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby Richard.C » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 pm

look like 2 nice northerns to me,in great shape,nice coloring to,you can sex them when younger,its subtle,but with enough of them it is possable,but i wouldnt say 100 percent in all cases,there numbers in the advert are pretty close,and they look similar pattern wise and colors,so could possably be related,looks like a possable pr,to me though i think top one female,bottom male
User avatar
Gail
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 am
Country:

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby Gail » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks for the opinions. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller, if she offers a live arrival guarantee, I will be getting getting these 2 tomorrow. I'll have to wait a bit for shipping though, its still cold here.
Even if they aren't a pair, that will be ok. I could always trade one later.
1.1 Northerns, Cyanide and Happiness
0.1 Indo, Pepper
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby Katrina » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:06 pm

They look great. Love the black on them! Post pics if you get them. :D
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby Kbell31 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:10 pm

They look great by the picture. I have read positive things about Bonita Galas as well.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
User avatar
Gail
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 am
Country:

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby Gail » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Thank you, I have been looking for info on Bonita. I am definitely getting them, sending paypal as soon as I get a confirmation on total price/shipping. It will be awhile but I promise pics once they get here.
1.1 Northerns, Cyanide and Happiness
0.1 Indo, Pepper
User avatar
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott
Posts: 4362
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
Country:
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby Scotts1au » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:44 am

unrelated - my butt. Anyway nice looking critters.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
User avatar
Gail
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 am
Country:

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby Gail » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 am

Why would you say that? Their is no reason to believe the seller is being dishonest. I've purchased the little dears, now the waiting game begins.
1.1 Northerns, Cyanide and Happiness
0.1 Indo, Pepper
User avatar
critterguy
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
Country:

Re: How do these look to you?- Purchased!

Postby critterguy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:56 am

Richard: haha we are clearly in disagreement here! Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: How do these look to you?

Postby Katrina » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Gail wrote:Why would you say that? Their is no reason to believe the seller is being dishonest.


They look very, very similar. I was wondering if they were actually unrelated as well, but I'm not sure - some siblings look extremely different and some unrelated animals do look very similar, so I can't tell. Scott would have a better idea than me, he has seen way more siblings grow up... but you also have no reason not to trust the seller. Did you get pictures of the parents?
User avatar
Gail
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 am
Country:

Re: How do these look to you?- Purchased!

Postby Gail » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:46 pm

I've asked for pictures of the parents. I'll let you know if I get any.
1.1 Northerns, Cyanide and Happiness
0.1 Indo, Pepper
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: How do these look to you?- Purchased!

Postby Richard.C » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:29 pm

lol critterguy,just a guesstimate,we could very well both be wrong,sexing from pics can be tricky

they may not be related,it says they are unrelated hold backs,i just thought it odd that there numbers were so close,they look great though so worth it anyways,they should grow to be a cpl of lookers i reckon,congrats on going for them,doubt they will dissapoint
User avatar
Gail
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 am
Country:

Re: How do these look to you?- Purchased!

Postby Gail » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:56 pm

I'll get pictures in the next day or two, they have sick friend they are helping right now. She did tell me she has about 20 adult breeding pairs. She has really good feedback on BIO, I'm not worried about it at all but I'll post parent pics when I get them.
1.1 Northerns, Cyanide and Happiness
0.1 Indo, Pepper
User avatar
Gail
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 am
Country:

Re: How do these look to you?- Purchased!

Postby Gail » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:44 pm

I got pics of the parents.

males dad (I love this one)
Image
males mom
Image

Females dad
Image
females mom
Image
1.1 Northerns, Cyanide and Happiness
0.1 Indo, Pepper
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: How do these look to you?-parent pics

Postby Spindown » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:49 pm

wow that top picture of dad...thats a hot skink! yum!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: How do these look to you?-parent pics

Postby Katrina » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 am

Nice looking parents. :D It's great that they supplied pictures of them.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: How do these look to you?-parent pics

Postby Richard.C » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:50 am

wow,4 such different looking animals,all nice looking to,i guess they can look similar as bubs,and same litter bubs can look nothing alike,be interesting to see how the 2 lil tykes develop

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 323 guests