Page 1 of 1

I feel stupid asking this...

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:40 pm
by bella3
Okay, to everyone who owns bts out there, I probably look dumb, but I'm a beginner, and am going to be purchasing a bts this summer.
Do blue tongue skinks need a particular type of water, like purified, or distiller?
Thank you for your help!

Re: I feel stupid asking this...

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 pm
by Spindown
hey , we like stupid questions here! no, just kidding, there are no stupid questions :)
I dont know the answer though. Just wanted to reassure you :)

Re: I feel stupid asking this...

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:47 pm
by bella3
Okay, thanks :D

Re: I feel stupid asking this...

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:32 pm
by Katrina
Like Sapphire said, it isn't a stupid question. :D It comes up from time to time.

I use a brita filter for our water, just to filter out the chlorine etc. The only people that I know of using bottled water for fish / amphibians or if they have really bad well water or similar. The chlorine in tap water isn't great for reptiles, so we just use brita but you can also leave the water out over night before you put it in their dish.

Re: I feel stupid asking this...

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:41 pm
by bella3
Okay, thank you for your help :)

Re: I feel stupid asking this...

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:13 pm
by WanderingChai
I don't de-chlorinate Tea Cup's water, and she's fine.

Basically, the rule I go by is "Would YOU drink it?" :D

Re: I feel stupid asking this...

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:23 pm
by El Lobo
I use Brita filered water for all our animals, but I drink the water straight from the tap until I can taste chlorine. :noknow: