baneling update 3
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
baneling update 3
So after her relapse we got her back onto ceftazidime injections since she responded so well last time. However her eyes are worse than ever. They crust over in about an hour after I clear them, she has no enrgy and she just lays there like she's already dead. She does eat but that's it. I upped her temps to 98 hot side and I never leave her light off so she stays warm but nothing is helping. Iveread nd reread thoseold threads about nemo and joey and I'm miserable. We have now ben t two diferent vets and no one knows what's wrong. I hate to say it but we are thinking it may be time to end her suffering. I have to talk to the breeder and see ifhe has any ieas or experience..but I'm losing hope.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: baneling update 3
I'm so sorry to hear this... Has either of the vets done blood work to look for vitamin deficiencies?
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: baneling update 3
I am so, so sorry to hear this.
I know how you feel. It is awful. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
If you want to email or anything my email is kat.sharko@gmail.com
I'm so sorry!!
I know how you feel. It is awful. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
If you want to email or anything my email is kat.sharko@gmail.comI'm so sorry!!
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: baneling update 3
there was bloodwork done, but they only said that there was some kind of blood infection, they didnt mention anything about vitamin issues. The breeder I got her from, Doug Dix, was very kind but managed to rule out everything he'd ever heard of. He'd never heard of anything like this. He suggested a oral multivitamin liquid minus A, D, and E since those are dangerous in liquid form as a last ditch effort. 
We will be getting a culture of her eye gunk and see if that tells us anything.
Nothing is worse than watching an animal you've raised from a baby suffer like this.
We will be getting a culture of her eye gunk and see if that tells us anything.
Nothing is worse than watching an animal you've raised from a baby suffer like this.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
Re: baneling update 3
No one likes to hear news like this, thinking of you and sending well wishes.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- Roheryn
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 399
- Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm
- Country:
- Location: Netherlands
Re: baneling update 3
So sorry to hear.... Hope you find out what's wrong. If not, I wish you all the strength to make that one descision 
each day's a gift, not a given right.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Kayskinks85 and 176 guests
