Page 1 of 1

Sheba is sick

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:36 pm
by Lauriek
Hello Everyone, haven't posted in a while because I've been awfully busy. Sheba went to the vet today. She isn't well. Has a bacterial infection. A bit gurgly in the breathing, occassionally weepy eyes and breathing with mouth open sometimes. She was very well behaved considering the vet, who is a reptile vet, had to prise open her mouth; weigh her; examine her (and yes he does think she's a 'she') and generally handle her in a somewhat undignified way for a lady. He did say she's in excellent condition and we have caught the infection early. Not sure how she got it. :(

Re: Sheba is sick

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:55 am
by Coomassie
Poor Miss Sheba. Hope she gets to feeling better soon!

Re: Sheba is sick

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:17 am
by Alioop
:hug: For both you and our little lady! :hug: Maybe others can shed some light on how she would get such a thing, I have no idea either. Glad you caught it early! I'm sure she'll be well soon. Keep us updated!

Re: Sheba is sick

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:34 am
by Richard.C
sounds similar to what a couple of mine got,passed to them from a young centralian,the 2 stumpies cleared straight up with treatment,the centralian unfortunatly didnt,best of luck

Re: Sheba is sick

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:38 pm
by Roheryn
Good luck with Sheba, hopes she recovers well

Re: Sheba is sick

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:18 pm
by bella3
Hope Sheba feels better soon! I wonder how it happened??

Re: Sheba is sick

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:38 am
by El Lobo
I hope the antibiotics get her sorted out quickly.

Re: Sheba is sick

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:47 pm
by Spindown
aww good wishes to you both! sick animals = worry for the owner. Not a fun time, keep us updated? :)

Re: Sheba is sick

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:05 am
by Katrina
Hi Laurie! Sorry to hear about Sheba, glad you caught it in time. Let us know how it goes!

Re: Sheba is sick

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:09 pm
by Lauriek
Thank you all for your well wishes. Sheba does not like getting her medicine - neither would I actually. Apparently it doesn't taste nice, according to the vet. I asked him couldn't they make it snail flavoured or something? I'll send some pics.

Re: Sheba is sick

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:14 pm
by Katrina
Is she on baytril? Apparently it tastes awful. My vet flavors it with some sort of strawberry stuff so it is pink and a bit more palatable. Wish he could do snail instead!! :lol: