One skink only
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
One skink only
I was just wondering what members would do if they had only these two options for their one and only skink.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: One skink only
Based on those two options, I could select the common species... but not due to disposition. I think it would be a shame to have a rare / hard to obtain species if you only had one skink. Anyone keeping the really rare species in North America should be trying their best to either put together a breeding group or send it somewhere where it will get an opportunity to breed. They shouldn't live out their lives as pets when there are so few outside of Australia.
If the question were you could only keep one species of BTS, my answer would be different. But only one skink... I'd take a common one.
Leave the really rare ones for people who can try to make them less rare.
If the question were you could only keep one species of BTS, my answer would be different. But only one skink... I'd take a common one.
- WanderingChai
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 627
- Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: New York
Re: One skink only
I agree with you Kat, however I did choose more exotic.
I think there is a certain thrill of owning an exotic animal that everyone ooos and Ahhhs at. Personally, I would love a shingle someday. If someone was going to use it for a breeding project, I would happily offer it up.
I think there is a certain thrill of owning an exotic animal that everyone ooos and Ahhhs at. Personally, I would love a shingle someday. If someone was going to use it for a breeding project, I would happily offer it up.
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: One skink only
I chose the exotic option but only because of the temperament. I prefer a challenging personality in my skinks
I agree with Kat that rare species need to go to experienced breeders in large groups.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: One skink only
i chose common, because i agree with the rare ones being made less rare 
However, I do desperately want to have a Phillipines Sailfin Dragon...those are pretty rare, and i'd only have one...at first...
However, I do desperately want to have a Phillipines Sailfin Dragon...those are pretty rare, and i'd only have one...at first...
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 151 guests
