Page 1 of 1
Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:01 pm
by dgooder
Here are the updated pictures of my new skink. I bought (s)he as unsexed. I'm no export to skinks so i was wondering if anyone on here could tell me the sex of (s)he. Its a northern blue. Also, what is a good breeding size and age for male and females? Thanks for your time.
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:07 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Female.
Did you quarantine?
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:11 pm
by Spindown
dgooder, there is no way to be sure what sex your skink is unless it: Drops sperm plugs (male), produces babies(female), or sometimes behavior sexing is accurate. There is no way to be sure what sex your skink is from pictures, 100%. There are *some* people who have enough experience with breeding and multiple skinks that can make an *educated guess* but it is not guaranteed.
However, that said, Gorgeous skink! Post lots of pics please!

Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:51 pm
by WanderingChai
I have little to no experience, but I say female... Although I agree with Sapphire no way to 100% sex a skink by pics...
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:19 pm
by Bird_Brain
Whether sexing by photo is accurate or not, it is still fun to give a guess.
I have minimal experience with scincoide species, but I would say male.
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:02 pm
by Spindown
haha it IS still fun to guess, wasnt trying to be a downer, but that statement from ML sure sounded confident. To a new skink owner, how would they know if he was experienced enough to guess, or know how hard sexing really is?
I'd guess male, myself.

Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:04 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
I thought he said what do you think it is

I still think female...
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:12 pm
by Jeff
It looks like a very nice bloodline, and male. How old is it?
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:43 pm
by Fatal_S
The slim-towards-the-back body shape makes me think it's a male.
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:29 pm
by critterguy
Pattern looks really similar to my guy.
It looks male to me. Same reason as Fatal.
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 am
by Panana_Blue
Im terrible in this knowledge...but I'll say its a male.
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 am
by phaemas
I say Male. Try feeling it's tail baseXD It might be squishy if it is you might eaither have a very fat female or a maleXD