Male or Female? PT2
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
dgooder
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: california
Male or Female? PT2
Here are the updated pictures of my new skink. I bought (s)he as unsexed. I'm no export to skinks so i was wondering if anyone on here could tell me the sex of (s)he. Its a northern blue. Also, what is a good breeding size and age for male and females? Thanks for your time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Female.
Did you quarantine?
Did you quarantine?
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Male or Female? PT2
dgooder, there is no way to be sure what sex your skink is unless it: Drops sperm plugs (male), produces babies(female), or sometimes behavior sexing is accurate. There is no way to be sure what sex your skink is from pictures, 100%. There are *some* people who have enough experience with breeding and multiple skinks that can make an *educated guess* but it is not guaranteed.
However, that said, Gorgeous skink! Post lots of pics please!
However, that said, Gorgeous skink! Post lots of pics please!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- WanderingChai
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 627
- Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: New York
Re: Male or Female? PT2
I have little to no experience, but I say female... Although I agree with Sapphire no way to 100% sex a skink by pics...
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Whether sexing by photo is accurate or not, it is still fun to give a guess.
I have minimal experience with scincoide species, but I would say male.
I have minimal experience with scincoide species, but I would say male.
Brad
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Male or Female? PT2
haha it IS still fun to guess, wasnt trying to be a downer, but that statement from ML sure sounded confident. To a new skink owner, how would they know if he was experienced enough to guess, or know how hard sexing really is?
I'd guess male, myself.
I'd guess male, myself.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Male or Female? PT2
I thought he said what do you think it is 
I still think female...
I still think female...
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Male or Female? PT2
It looks like a very nice bloodline, and male. How old is it?
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Male or Female? PT2
The slim-towards-the-back body shape makes me think it's a male.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- critterguy
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 702
- Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
- Country:
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Pattern looks really similar to my guy.
It looks male to me. Same reason as Fatal.
It looks male to me. Same reason as Fatal.
- Panana_Blue
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 67
- Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 pm
- Country:
- Location: Malaysia
Re: Male or Female? PT2
Im terrible in this knowledge...but I'll say its a male.
- phaemas
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
- Country:
- Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada
Re: Male or Female? PT2
I say Male. Try feeling it's tail baseXD It might be squishy if it is you might eaither have a very fat female or a maleXD
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 287 guests
